Come February, you’ll be able to dress like Kate Middleton, Michelle Obama, Oprah, and Zoe Saldana
—for a fraction of the price! (Photo: stylecaster.com)
While you’re waiting to get your hands on the Karl Lagerfeld for Shu Uemura collection, feel free to take any of these popular Shu Uemura hair products for a spin!
TheGloss is one daily must-reads (right up there with the NY Times). We love the site’s witty approach to style and its smart and irreverent voice. We like the writing so much, in fact, that we’ll be featuring one of their posts each week here on the Birchbox blog. Today, they’re musing on the newest product to hit the market: butt padding to help you look like Pippa. And before you ask, yes, of course they think it’s silly. (We do too, obviously.)
The phrase “Pippa Middleton ass” turns up some 1,320,000 results in Google. There is even a website called PippasAss.com (you don’t need to visit) that catalogues Pippa’s backside-related goings on. It comes as no surprise then, that someone is trying to turn Pippa Middleton’s butt into a marketing hook.
Enter the Invisible Shaping Bum Booster. They’re about $30 a pair and feature ”cheek-enhancing structures” built into the back to add flattering curvature…
Read the rest of the article here.
Some other links from TheGloss you might like:
Photo via Kate Middleton FTW
As far as we’re concerned, nothing else is happening today but the Royal Wedding. We’re joking (sort of), but it is fun to look at the amazing Tumblrs that have sprung up in its honor. Here are our five favorites. Enjoy and have a great weekend!
- Kate Middleton FTW and the corresponding Twitter account have had us in stitches throughout the wedding prep. One of our favorite tweets? “OH GOD A PIECE OF THE CEILING JUST FELL ON PRINCESS BEATRICE. Wait, no, nm, that’s just her hat. Phew. #rw2011”
- Speaking of Princess Beatrice’s hat, there’s also a lovely new Tumblr dedicated to that very subject! Today’s Philip Treacy creation was one of her best but it’s not the first time she’s rocked a fabulous one.
- This Fuck Yeah Prince Harry Tumblr isn’t strictly royal wedding-related but it still works. Actually, this Tumblr is pretty relevant to our lives anytime - he is our last chance to marry a British prince after all.
- Royal Wedding Tat is an ode to all the amazing, mainly useless, memorabilia surrounding the wedding. You never know what that William and Kate commemorative pillow will be worth one day!
- The Today Show Tumblr is always one of our favorites but today in particular it is completely dedicated to the wedding and has tons of fun tidbits and quotes. We wish we could be partying with Hoda and Kathie Lee this weekend!
- Runner Up: Prince Charles FTW. Again, not strictly royal wedding-related but still hilarious. And although we couldn’t find a specific Tumblr dedicated to her (yet), the Internet consensus seems to be that Kate’s sister, Pippa Middleton stole the show this morning. Next event, Harry and Pippa’s wedding!
From Kate Middleton’s loosely pulled back strands to Victoria Beckham’s perfect high pony, the hair at the royal wedding spanned a range of styles (and don’t even get us started on the hats—the Brits love extravagant headgear!). We were impressed with several looks, check out our favorites below.
Kate (for good reason) stole the show wearing her hair gracefully swept back—and her diamond Cartier tiara wasn’t half bad either.
Joss Stone’s loose bun was tasteful and elegant, cinched at the nape of her neck and modestly hidden underneath an oversize sun hat.
Prince Harry’s on-and-off girlfriend, Chelsy Davy, was spot-on with a low chignon that was perfectly adorned by a white lace cap.
Consistently classy, Pippa Middleton had a similar look to that of her sister, sporting a half-up ‘do accented with loose curls and a breathtaking cluster of ivy and lily of the valley.
And finally, Posh. Mrs. David Beckham donned a chic-and-sleek ponytail (not one hair out of place!) topped off with a bold, gravity-defying Philip Treacy hat.
Of course, none of these looks could be achieved without a good can of hair spray. Check out the Birchbox Shop to pick up our fave, Blow Out.