This week’s New York Magazine cover showcases a captivating image taken by photographer Iwan Baan. (Photo: nymag.com)
Birchbox headquarters may be up and running again, but there are many in the area that are still without power or homeless. Shop this Amazon registry to send supplies to Staten Island.
TGIF! We don’t usually say this, but we can hardly wait for Sunday night. The Oscars means red carpet coverage on E!, lots of glamorous dresses, and more often than not, some questionable hairstyling choices. Don’t forget to tune in to #BBRedCarpet
on Sunday for our live tweets! In the meantime, check out some of our favorite stories from this week below.
- Bruce Willis: Action star, ex-husband to Demi Moore, and…women’s perfumer? It’s true, the one-time leading man (who joined the ranks of celebrity fragrance designers with a men’s fragrance in 2010) is releasing a perfume for women called “Lovingly by Bruce Willis.” The name and fragrance are a declaration of his love for wife Emma Heming-Willis. [Finance.Yahoo.com]
- We’re sad to pass along this news, which will undoubtedly draw a few tears in the beauty and dog-lovers communities: Francois Nar’s beloved French bulldog, Marcel, has passed away. Marcel famously appeared in a Nars 2010 ad campaign. [Refinery29]
- Natasha Poly, one of the most experienced runway models working today, has never landed a cosmetics contract in all her years until now. The veteran is the newest L’Oréal spokesmodel. [NYMag.com]
- Andrej Pejic, the model most commonly referred to as “gender-bending,” has been cast in his first beauty campaign for Jean Paul Gaultier’s Kokorico fragrance. The question on everyone’s minds is whether Pejic will play a man or a woman in the ads for the men’s fragrance. [Fashionista]
- Former Pussycat Doll and X Factor judge Nicole Scherzinger is launching a collection of press-on nails for imPRESS Press-On Manicure by Broadway Nails in May. The nails feature hibiscus flowers and blue skies, inspired by her native Hawaii. [WWD – Subscription Required]
Who needs press-on nails when the real thing is so great? We love doing our own nails with our favorite products in the Birchbox Shop.
Happy New York Fashion Week! We’re almost too busy running in and out of the office all week for us to read anything but that doesn’t mean you should miss out. Take a look at what we’ll be catching up on in between shows. Don’t forget to follow all our Fashion Week posts this weekend.
- Liv Tyler and Rachel McAdams are both rocking bangs now in addition to Jessica Biel and Reese Witherspoon, who debuted fringes of their own last week. It’s a bang-epidemic! [Style.com]
- There are now tights that will give you a fake tan while you wear them. These tights have patented microfiber tech that slowly adds tan to your legs while you’re wearing them. Despite their strange concept, we’re tempted to actually give them a try this winter. [DailyMail]
- Nicole Scherzinger is the new face of Herbal Essences. She has beautiful hair, so that makes perfect sense. [People Style Watch]
- OPI’s new polish line, OPI for the New York City Ballet is out. Unsurprisingly, all five shades are sweet pastels, with pale pinks, lilacs, and one silver glitter. [She Finds]
- The NY Times profiled famous and slightly terrifying publicist Pierre Rougier, founder of PR Consulting. He’s respected and feared within the fashion industry for his bluntness, fierce protectiveness of clients, and temper. [NYTimes]
A new issue of the Birchbox Magazine is out! Read the February Editor’s Letter here, and dive in!