Reading List: 5 Things to Try This Jan (There’s Still Time!), Exposing Pore Myths, and More
We know you don’t have oodles of time to browse through everything in the Birchbox Magazine each week. Here’s a short list of the top posts that we don’t want you to miss.
1. 5 Things to Try: January’s not over yet, so take a look at what Birchbox editor Lorelei is testing out this month.
2. Why It Pays to Understand Your Pores: Important for guys and gals alike, this exploration into the myth of pores opening and closing from Birchbox Man is a game-changer.
3. Fun in France: Not only do our France editors get to live in Paris, but they seem to be having the best time. Check out their teaser video for Feb!
4. 5 Delicious Recipes to Keep You Warm: Check out these suggestions from our Birchbox Test Kitchen! From hot cocoa to veggie stew, you’re sure to find something to warm your up!
Not yet a Birchbox subscriber? Join today!
Holiday Party Style, DIY Decorating Tips, and More
1. Get Crafy!: In this video, Birchbox staffer Charlie shows us three awesome holiday decorations that you can make at home. Pass the glitter!
2. How To Tie a Bow Tie: This cute little video from Birchbox Man totally demystifies the intimidating prospect of trying a real-deal bow tie. Easier than we thought!
3. Holiday Party Style: Finally! The Birchbox holiday celebration is tonight, and three lucky staffers will don adorable dresses courtesy of Rebecca Taylor. See how they styled their dresses, and pick up a few tips for your own office party!
4. Awards Season Begins: This week, we were totally psyched to see so many of our favorite ladies nominated for Golden Globes. From J. Law to Kerry Washington, we can barely wait to see what beauty looks they sport on the red carpet.
5. Natural Shimmer: Meanwhile across the pond, staffers at Birchbox UK tested out some seriously shimmery eyeshadows. See how they got the understatedly chic look!
Join Birchbox before December 17 to receive our holiday-themed Sparkle & Shine December Box!
We’ll never tire of video tutorials, but sometimes we want a step-by-step that we can move through at our own pace. Enter: gif tutorials. Like videos, they make it easy for us to imitate the motions, but we don’t have to press pause every time we need to take a second look. Plus, they’re pretty fun to watch. Our new series will show how to get our favorite looks—from braids to cat eyes to sunless tanning—in simple, gif-tastic ways.
Summer calls for a number of sleeveless occasions and sometimes we just don’t have time to go through the whole process of fake tanning to get that pretty bronzed glow. Enter: Caudalie Divine Legs. Part skin-firming lotion and part bronzer, this lightweight lotion gives limbs a subtle glow that even the palest of ladies can appreciate.
And despite its name, there’s no reason you can’t use this lotion on your arms. In fact, we encourage it! Read on to see how editor Lorelei gets her arms bronzed and even in just a few minutes.
1. Grab your Caudalie Divine Legs and pump a small amount of lotion into your palm. And don’t worry about accidentally staining your hands — this innovative formula washes right off with soap and water!
Whether you live in a tiny apartment or a sprawling ranch-style home, chances are you don’t get to update your décor as frequently as you’d like. I know I’ve been stuck with the same furniture since my first apartment after college because hey, it still works. But even if you don’t have the budget to do a redecoration right now, there are still a lot of small, very easy things you can do to make your home feel fresh and impress guests.
1) Incorporate pops of color into your color scheme: I can’t get enough of these cobalt blue C. Wonder Foo Dogs, which would look trés fetching on the book shelf next to my copy of Isabella Blow’s biography and old copies of New York Magazine. I’ve also got my eye on these Core Bamboo Utensils with color-blocked handles, which would certainly encourage me to cook more frequently.