2 posts tagged Lipstick Art
It’s barely the middle of March but rain showers in New York have us feeling like spring is right around the corner – we’re definitely ready for some warmer weather (yay, sundresses and sandals!) and beauty updates. If you’re a Birchbox member you probably know that boxes shipped this week — you may have even received yours already! That also means there is a ton of new info up on Birchbox.com, including articles and videos about everything from self tanning to our new favorite shoe designer. Here’s what else we’re reading around the web this week:
Photo via BellaSugar.com
- Kate Spade debuted a brand-new website on Wednesday and WWD has all the details. The new site places more emphasis on editorial and it’s just so bright and fun that we had to play around with it. Is it just us, or is Kate having a major moment this spring?
- Chanel debuted a new polish, Graphite, at their Fall 2011 show yesterday and Refinery29 has the first image. It’s almost enough to make us wish it was fall already…okay, not really.
- We’ve come to rely on Fashionista for their pitch-perfect fashion week coverage over the past few years and this season was no different. Today they have a nice slideshow of the best (or just most interesting) beauty looks from Paris Fashion Week. The hair at Nina Ricci and Chanel looks almost achievable…almost.
- WhoWhatWear.com is one of our favorite fashion sites so it’s no surprise we were super excited to see The Coveteur feature founders Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power. We know them from their own site but it’s so much fun to get a little peek into their homes.
- FashionEtc has a great interview with makeup artist superstar, Gucci Westman. The Global Artistic Director for Revlon talked about getting flawless skin, her favorite beauty confidence booster, and her first fashion week shows. Birchbox editor Meredith also spoke to Gucci a few weeks ago during New York Fashion Week and got her take on matte lips.
- And now for the mack daddy of all links: This week BellaSugar featured an artist named Paige Thompson, who creates lipstick art animals. Yes, you read that correctly and yes, the image above is someone’s lips. There are no words for how awesome this is.
Catch spring fever with our favorite new products in the Birchbox Shop!