Image of Marina courtesy of Styleite.
Phew! This short week just flew by. We’re right in the thick of NYFW so beauty and fashion links abound. Here are just a few of our absolute favorite stories this week.
- Linda Rodin, stylist and creator of Rodin Olio Lusso face oil, is always on our radar for her fabulous style and amazing skincare products. Apparently Refinery 29 has had their eye on her too because today they have an awe-inspiring slideshow of Rodin’s NYC apartment. We’re moving in! [Refinery29]
- This video actually dropped last week but it’s so cute, we had to make sure you didn’t miss it. It involves Chanel Nail Polish plus dancing hands and is a must see. [Fashionista]
- So, the Missoni for Target collection launched this week and promptly sold out. To celebrate the launch, Missoni created a 25-foot blogging puppet called Marina. She’s been spotted all over NYFW so Styleite decided to get the inside scoop from Marina herself. Click through for their fun interview. [Styleite]
- It’s only the second day of NYFW but already there are so many amazing hair and makeup looks, we can hardly keep up. BellaSugar has an excellent roundup of the best looks from yesterday! [BellaSugar]
Image of Linda Rodin from Style.com
Another Friday, another link round up! It feels a bit like the calm before the storm over at Birchbox HQ right now. We’re about to head into a few crazy weeks. Not only are February boxes shipping next week (woot!), it’s also Social Media Week. Not to mention, the start of the most thrilling, manic, awesome of all weeks: Fashion Week. With that in mind, TGIF:
- Fashion Copious posted the first image of Lady Gaga’s March Vogue Cover (that we know of). She’s sporting a bubble-gum pink bob, dark violet lips, and looks like she’s had her brows bleached.
- Man Candy Alert! Sorry, I had to. This video collab between Justin Wu and jakandjil.com features the antics of male models from the Milan and Paris F/W 11/12 shows. Just try not smiling, it’s impossible!
- In the Financial Times “Lunch with the FT” column Vanessa Friedman sat down with Natalie Massenet, founder of Net-a-Porter and the new off-shoot, Mr. Porter. She’s also essentially responsible for luxury e-tailing as we know it today, no big deal.
- Fashionista covers new high-tech advancements in skin care this week. Coolest by far are the “twist and mix” vials of La Prairie Cellular Power Infusion. We’re also loving the Philosophy Keep The Peace line, available in March.
- Style.com’s Beauty Counter Blog spoke with the founder of Rodin-Olio Lusso, Linda Rodin about her beauty routines. At 63, she seems to have discovered the fountain of youth.
Loving Linda Rodin and Gaga’s bold lips? Us too! Check out our guides to wearing red or orange!