In honor of Memorial Day Weekend, we thought it would be fun to ask some of our favorite online beauty editors and bloggers their one must-have product for the holiday. After all, it’sthe first real weekend of summer, which means we’re changing up our beauty regimens just in time for some extra-warm temperatures—let the frolicking begin! Here’s what they had to say:
Annie Tomlin, Beauty Director at Refinery 29
"I’m a big fan of does-it-all products, so I’m packing rms beauty’s Living Luminizer. It gives skin a soft, sheer shimmer and works as a highlighter on eyes, cheeks, the Cupid’s bow of the lips, and anywhere else. Easy!”
Lara Eurdolian, Founder and Blogger of Pretty Connected
"SPF, SPF, SPF! That’s my ultimate must have for Memorial Day Weekend (and everyday). Head-to-toe you can be sure I’m sporting an abundance of SPF products on and off the beach. From my makeup case to my beach bag, I’m usually carrying a combination of body sprays, foundations, moisturizers, and lip balms containing SPF. My favorite for everyday is Kiehl’s Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50. It’s super lightweight, goes on smooth and offers great protection.”
Be sure to take a look at our Birchbox videos made especially for you!
New York Fashion Week may be over but the roundups are still in full effect. We’ll be clicking through them all weekend. Catch a few of our favorites below, as well as a poll about your at-home beauty routine and a fun new way to send a note.
- If you’re like us, you probably attempt at-home beauty treatments fairly frequently. But, like us, you might not be trying them at the best times. Whether it’s after one too many cocktails or before an important event at work, we’re sure there are more responsible ways to get pretty quickly. Take the poll to find out when most of us decide to tackle beauty treatments. [The Gloss]
- After an exhausting New York Fashion Week, we’re ready to get back to our regular schedule for the next six months or so. But, we couldn’t close the week without at least a few more roundups. We love this one of the prettiest pictures from the week. [Refinery 29]
- On the same note, this roundup of the most outrageous moments of the week has us wondering how we could have missed all these happenings! [Stylelist]
- Chanel’s awesome blog, Chanel Makeup Confidential debuted a new feature this week called Love Letters. Visit the site to create your own notes, built with Chanel makeup of course, and share them with anyone you like via email. [Chanel Makeup Confidential]
- London Fashion Week is taking a stand against tanning. There are 11 UK model agencies supporting a No Sunbed Policy for their models this fashion week. [Daily Mail]
- Trendy new content + commerce site Lifestyle Mirror finally launched this week. We’re swooning over all the amazing content. [Lifestyle Mirror]
Pick up a pick-me-up from the Birchbox Shop over this long weekend.
Here comes the New Year! The end of 2011 means we can start thinking about all the exciting things we want to add to our lives (new shoes!) and all the resolutions we have for the next 12 months (get more sleep!). With that in mind, we asked some of our favorite people in the industry to tell us what their beauty/health/wellness resolutions are for 2012. They gave us a peek into how they’re planning on sprucing up their routines. Today’s subject: the ever-stylish Nandita Khanna who was recently appointed deputy editor of the soon-to-launch luxury site, Lifestyle Mirror.
"It’s so easy to get wrapped up in the whirlwind of living and working in the city: going out to big dinners, juggling events, late night drinks, and working long hours. I say this every year but I am really going to do my best to stick to it in 2012: I want to take more time for myself. For me, this means getting to SoulCycle two to three times a week, keeping up with pilates, switching out my morning lattes at Starbucks for Kombucha (it makes me feel so much more energized than caffeine anyway), and most importantly, getting a bit more beauty sleep."
—Nandita Khanna, Deputy Editor of Lifestyle Mirror
One of the best ways to do yourself a favor: invest in a skin-refreshing mask. Try the Alchimie Kantic Mask.