Lauren Conrad’s New Haircut is Giving Me Bang Envy
Like most women I know, I’ve gone through many different periods of lusting after straight bangs. Every few seasons I’ll catch a glimpse of someone with impeccable bangs and think it’s the most glamorous, gorgeous haircut in the world. Basically, it’s the Brigitte Bardot effect—I want that retro chic hair. Nevermind that I’ve HAD straight bangs and they were no where near as glamorous as Bardot made them look. So you can imagine my chagrin at seeing Lauren Conrad's most recent cut—perfectly blunt bangs. Here we go again.
I’m refusing to get bangs until at least September—I know first-hand how sweaty bangs can get during a humid summer—but the next few months will be torture. Since I’m prone to impulsive haircuts and dye jobs I want to know from our readers: What’s the most impulsive hair change you’ve made?
Great bangs can get a little unruly—tame them with dry shampoo when you don’t have time to wash.
We’ll admit it—there’s a contingent of Birchboxers in the office who are Lauren Conrad fangirls. Her antics in The Hills and Laguna Beach aside, it’s hard not to be a supporter of her when she has winged liquid liner down to such an art and has done a stellar job with her website, The Beauty Department. Her new book, Lauren Conrad Beauty, is set to be released in October and we’re already itching to get our hands on it.
This holiday season, we’re taking inspiration from our favorite celebrities. We’ve got the deets on how to recreate three stunning Hollywood looks — all you need to do is decide which to wear to your BFF’s fiesta and which to save for New Year’s Eve. See, we knew that US Weekly addiction would pay off. Click through to read more.
Another Friday, another Reading List, folks. This week we just happened to come across an unusually high number of stories about awesome women. Whether they’re founders of beauty companies, the brains behind brilliant websites, models with fun attitudes, or just ladies teaching us how to make great nail art, we couldn’t get enough.
Lara Stone at her favorite pancake house. Photo: T Magazine
- Stop the presses! Lauren Conrad is starting a beauty line! Okay, this really shouldn’t have been so surprising to us since she already has a successful beauty blog, TheBeautyDepartment. Nevertheless, we can’t wait to see what she comes up with. [Fashionista]
- Okay, we’ve been trying to get marble nails right for months now. Somehow it never seems to work, but after watching Connie from Refinery29 do it, we have newfound inspiration — and faith in our own abilities. Wish us luck and go watch her tutorial! [Refinery29]
- Quite a few members of the Birchbox team are hanging out in LA this week (we just hosted a fab party with Smashbox last night) and have been looking for lots of fun things to do while they’re there. We stumbled across this profile of two of the coolest LA ladies we wish we knew: Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power from Who What Wear. [Into The Gloss]
- Speaking of awesome ladies, W Mag has an interview with Dany Sanz, the founder of Make Up For Ever. We had no idea she was so charming. [W Magazine]
- Finally, since it is still fashion week somewhere, we have a little model inspiration. Dutch beauty, Lara Stone hung out with Lynn Yaeger in The Netherlands for a piece in T Magazine. [T Magazine]
Have a great weekend! Use your downtime to catch up on all our new September articles!