Can you blame us for having a love-love relationship with Lancôme? From their cult-favorite mascaras and swoon-worthy Rouge in Love lipsticks to their versatile five-shadow palette, we adore everything about this iconic brand.
We’re thrilled to offer our latest obsessions for a limited time in the Birchbox Shop. And we’re even more excited to give you the chance to win a collection of our all-time Lancôme favorites in our Pin To Win Giveaway.
Over the next couple of weeks, we’ll be posting a series of photo tutorials on Pinterest, starting with today’s winged liner. Read all the tips here, then scroll down for more details on how to enter the sweepstakes.
Winged liner isn’t just for Cat Woman. Follow our step-by-step guide for a look you can wear every day.
We’re a tiny bit in love with Shyema Azam’s blog, Beauty and the Feast. The freelance editor and writer—who’s worked for publications like Marie Claire, Allure and Harper’s Bazaar—writes about her everyday discoveries in the food and beauty world, often accompanying her posts with envy-inducing photos. Stay tuned all week for Shyema’s insider advice! Today, she tells us the product that helps her de-stress and stay zen.
I thought it’d be fun to write a post on, you know, the four or five beauty products I carry around in my purse everyday. But when I dumped out the insides of my bag, I found 18 products that I’ve been toting around! These are my unedited findings:
1. Viviscal and 2. Brightening Formula supplements: There’s just no way for me to remember to take vitamins and supplements unless I have them on me at all times. I’ve been desperately trying to grow out my hair (I feel like it’s at an awkward length) and this helps. I swear if my skin glows, much of the credit goes to Glisodin supplements.
3. Smith’s Rosebud Salve: The famous moisturizing balm in a convenient tube.
Trailblazer Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook’s COO. (Photo: forbes.com)
To find other women who inspire us, check out our Birchbox Crush series.
A self-proclaimed beauty addict and over-the-top girly girl, Lara Ramos has been dedicated to living a pretty lifestyle since birth. Her blog, The Glossarie, highlights ground-breaking beauty products and little laid-back luxuries. This week, in Lara’s second appearance as a guest blogger, she shares the newest items that have caught her eye and her personal must-haves.
So many of the most beloved lip balms and glosses come in a convenient tube. (I am not one for sticking my finger in a pot, and carrying around a lip brush can be a real pain.) There’s something about the slick application of color from a tube that leaves an almost glaze-like finish on lips, with extra-pigmented shine.
Here are my of-the-moment favorites for totally tubular lips. From top to bottom:
Birchbox staffers have been known to play the beauty field. With so many fun samples floating around, can you blame us for having a hard time committing? Then again, when we find something we love, we stick to it. In this new feature, we’ll be asking Birchbox staffers to share the products they just can’t quit. First up, co-founder and braid guru, Katia.
Katia, Birchbox Co-founder
Beauty profile: Combination skin, thick and dry hair, adventurous/trendy.
Products I can’t quit:
- Benefit They’re Real: Seriously obsessed. It is a magical mascara. Gives you drama without creating clumps, and doesn’t move all day. I love that it’s dark black, but still looks pretty and natural.
- Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo: This smells amazing and deeply cleans without drying out my hair. I think I am producing less oil in my hair since starting to use it months ago.
- Boscia Luminizing Black Mask: This peel-off treatment is so gratifying! Black is genius because you can see everything that happens (or comes off). It clears pores without the unwelcome drama of home extractions.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz: I won’t leave home without this. It makes a huge difference and you can easily control how much of an impact (or lack of impact) you want to make.
Bonus! Latest discoveries:
Meet some of the newest members of the Birchbox team here!