An Incredible Makeup Transformation
This picture has been circulating for some time now, but I couldn’t resist sharing it (yet again). The two shockingly different photos are of the same woman, pre- and post-makeup. The transformative power is truly breathtaking, but a heavy amount of responses to this photo have been negative.
Some people claim the woman’s beauty is fake and deceiving. Other’s think it’s too much of a transformation, that they’d like to see something more natural. What do you think?
Are you a fan of the more natural look or getting creative with lots of makeup? Can there be a happy medium between the two? Let us know what you think!
(Photo: Courtesy of Jezebel.com)
Whether you’re going natural or applying a base for some bold lip color, find out why this ChapStick needs to be a part of your routine.
How differently do people view you when you’re wearing absolutely no makeup? What about a full face? One Reddit user decided to set up a small social experiment to see just how much makeup influences perception. For four days, she went to her usual daily setting (probably work) and recorded reactions to her wearing varying levels of product, from barefaced to full-on glam. Her informal experiment yielded some particularly interesting responses.
Need a good dose of beauty, fashion, and lifestyle news to perk up your morning? Check our morning must reads to keep up-to-date with all things fun and fabulous.
Karlie Kloss airbrushed to appear healthier (left) and the original un-retouched image (right). (Photo: blisstree.com)
Still confused about CC creams? Check out our in-depth investigation with the skincare pros to learn more.
One of four gorgeous (and simple) beauty looks you should try out this fall. (photo: Self)
- Hold the phone. Greek yogurt at the supermarket might not really be Greek. Since there are no government regulations for labeling food “Greek,” yogurt you think is extra healthy might be all smoke and mirrors. Learn how to separate the Greek from the weak. [Women’s Health]
- The last-ever space shuttle, Endeavor, has touched down for the last time. After flying over California this morning, the shuttle landed at LAX and will go on permanent display at the California Science Center on October 30th. [My Fox LA]
- Kate Spade NY just debuted cute new city guides for 10 cities (with more to come!) in collaboration with the travel experts at Fathom. Now we want to plan a trip to Tokyo, or Tahiti, or Copenhagen! [Kate Spade NY]
- Cute in theory, but bound to end badly: a Canadian man has flown all the way to Ireland to find (and fall in love with) a local woman he got directions from a year ago. The only problem? They spoke for five minutes and he doesn’t know her name. Hm. [Jezebel]
- Fall makeup doesn’t have to be hard to apply. These four different looks are easy-as-pie. The hard part will be choosing which one to wear first. [Self]
- In a totally unexpected partnership, New York designer Jill Stuart has joined forces with K-pop star Psy (of Gangnam Style fame) on a collection to be released in Asia. [Fashionista]
Stock up on your fall favorites from the Birchbox Shop.