4 posts tagged Jennifer Hudson
Updos and brushed-back styles ruled the red carpet at last night’s People’s Choice Awards—will it be the same at the Globes? Read Birchbox’s report.
Our take on the year’s biggest events and hottest trends in beauty, fashion, and pop culture.
Join Birchbox today for the best of beauty trends and treats!
Lily Collins’ Sweatshirt Dress , Cookies That Are Good For Your Skin, And More
- Our girl Lily Collins stepped out at Givenchy’s spring 2014 show in a bambi sweatshirt sans pants. [Huffington Post]
- Jennifer Hudson gets funny and informative in a PSA spoofing Scandal. [People]
- It’s sad but true: Nails can sometimes be an afterthought on a busy day. Keep your hands looking pristine with these six life hacks. [xoVain]
- Believe it or not, here are six cookie recipes with skin-beautifying ingredients. [The Gloss]
- Ever wonder how MAC comes out with such amazing palettes and colors? Meet the mastermind who turns runway trends into beauty products. [ELLE]
- If you were looking forward to the Hilary Clinton documentary, you’re going to have to wait a while. The award-winning filmmaker behind the project has pulled the plug. [Jezebel]
- The chicest way to update your abode? Vintage fashion illustrations. Christie’s is offering an online-only sale of some now through October 8 and they’re stunning. [Christie’s]
Want more buzz-worthy news? Stay in the know with more of our morning must reads.
Top 5 Beauty Looks at the 2013 Oscars
Last night’s Oscars held little surprises for the awards (Argo won the big one, and Jennifer Lawrence and Daniel Day-Lewis each took home best actor statuettes) or the beauty looks. Hollywood waves were in (go figure) as was fresh-faced makeup. There were a few standouts, however— including a dramatic look that we’ll be wearing asap. Keep reading for our favorites.
- Reese Witherspoon: The perpetually glowing star wore one of this year’s top red carpet trends: shiny retro waves (see Jessica Chastain and Jessica Alba). Get the look at home with our Hollywood waves tutorial.
- Giuliana Rancic: The E! News host caused a minor stir when she turned up without her signature tresses. We approve of her short ‘do, which is very reminiscent of Karlie Kloss’ chop a few months ago. Learn more about the new bob in our guide, plus tips on styling it.
- Kerry Washington: With sleek hair and muted makeup, the star looked fresh as can be. We loved the petal pink blush paired with loads of Lancôme HYPNÔSE STAR mascara and Rouge in Love lipstick in Rose Boudoir.
- Amanda Seyfried: Amanda always looks flawless but we love her slightly out-of-the box choice of a purple smoky eye. Get the look with Lancome’s Color Design 5 5 Shadow Eye Palette.
- Jennifer Hudson: Not only does J—Hud look quite svelte and fabulous, but she turned out two stunning looks: first on the red carpet in an ultraglam navy number and then in her Dreamgirls number. We especially loved her lovely flat iron curls and bangs during her performance of “I’m Not Going.” Find out how to perfect these waves yourself with this video tutorial.
Photo: Getty Images (Giuliana Rancic, Amanda Seyfried, Kerry Washington, Jennifer Hudson); Wire Image (Reese Witherspoon)
We were wow-ed by more than just the beauty looks last night. Take a look at our picks for best dressed.