Are you all ready for Halloween festivities this weekend? If not, you still have a few days to get your costume in order before Monday. Before you run out to Rickys NYC, click through our links of the week to see Heidi Klum’s Halloween costume, the new print version of Style.com, our favorite new blog, and more.
- Heidi Klum always has the best Halloween costumes. She goes all out (and not in the sexy-kitten-meets-slutty-firewoman way). This year is no exception and The Gloss has images of her getting ready for this year. Click through for the images. [The Gloss]
- Did you order your copy of Style.com/print yet? The new print magazine from the Conde Nast site hits newsstands out on Monday, with a few images available online already. [NYMag The Cut]
- We love (LOVE!) the new Equinox blog, Q. They have amazing features and wellness advice. If you haven’t seen it yet, go now! We especially love their Q & A with Tata Harper, the founder of the eponymous natural skincare brand. Her products are must-have and the article’s a must-read. [Q by Equinox]
- File this under sci-fi: There’s soon to be a perfume pill that will allow fragrance molecules in your unique odor to be excreted through your skin. There are a lot of unanswered questions but we’re still not sure we’d ever want this. [Styleite]
- Curls and waves are in this season and they’re here to stay. That’s bad news for the straight, flat-haired among us (me) but good news for curly hair girls who are sick of their straighteners. Click through for tips and inspiration from four gorgeous, curly haired women. [Refinery29]
- Speaking of curls, if you need a last-minute costume idea, we’ve got the perfect thing for you: Jennifer Beals from Flashdance. All you need is a cut off sweatshirt, and this hair. [The Glitter Guide]
photos of Heidi Klum Shine and Beyonce Pulse by Courtesy Photo
We don’t usually think about Heidi Klum and Beyonce together, but the two actually have a lot in common. Both are strong female entrepreneurs with growing empires, both have cool husbands, and both are fashion icons. Not only that, they’re both talented musicians. Don’t tell me you forgot about Klum’s “hit“ Christmas song, “Wonderland”! Truly a classic.
Now the ladies are both releasing fragrances in September with Coty Beauty. Beyonce Pulse will be the singer’s third fragrance and is expected to be her most successful yet. WWD spoke with Beyonce’s perfumers who said, “The contrasted structure highlighted by sparkling citrus blend on top and warm, deep and sensual vanilla infusion in the back characterizes a citrus gourmand innovative classification. The final result is a high-energy charged fragrance with extreme sensuality.” Confusing…but we’re assuming that means we’ll feel like we’re Beyonce on stage if we wear it.
Klum’s first women’s fragrance, Shine, “has top notes of mandarin, pear and pink peppercorn; a heart of mimosa absolute, lily of the valley and sunflower, and a drydown of vanilla, Venezuelian tonka bean and musk cosmone.” Again, confusing. Maybe we’ll feel unequivocal but also supportive, just like Klum when she’s judging Project Runway. Never one to rest on her laurels, Klum already has another fragrance planned for next Spring 2012 and is planning some multimedia expansions as well, including the just launched heidiklum.aol.com channel.
We often have mixed feelings about celebrity fragrances. What do you think? Will you be picking up one, or both, of these? Let us know in the comments.
For some of the Birchbox Editors’ favorite fragrances visit the Birchbox Shop.