18 posts tagged Hairstyle
We love the French braid bun (or as we like to call it, the Brunch Bun!). Get the look here.
Birchbox staffer Whitney stars this tale of mystery, intrigue… and the discovery of a quick and elegant hair solution.
Holiday Party Style, DIY Decorating Tips, and More
1. Get Crafy!: In this video, Birchbox staffer Charlie shows us three awesome holiday decorations that you can make at home. Pass the glitter!
2. How To Tie a Bow Tie: This cute little video from Birchbox Man totally demystifies the intimidating prospect of trying a real-deal bow tie. Easier than we thought!
3. Holiday Party Style: Finally! The Birchbox holiday celebration is tonight, and three lucky staffers will don adorable dresses courtesy of Rebecca Taylor. See how they styled their dresses, and pick up a few tips for your own office party!
4. Awards Season Begins: This week, we were totally psyched to see so many of our favorite ladies nominated for Golden Globes. From J. Law to Kerry Washington, we can barely wait to see what beauty looks they sport on the red carpet.
5. Natural Shimmer: Meanwhile across the pond, staffers at Birchbox UK tested out some seriously shimmery eyeshadows. See how they got the understatedly chic look!
Join Birchbox before December 17 to receive our holiday-themed Sparkle & Shine December Box!
How To: The Updated Holiday Updo
You’d think that after several years as a beauty editor, I would be a pro at trying out new hairstyles. The truth is, I tend to stick with a handful of standby styles. But now that the holidays are in full swing, I have plenty of opportunities (read: P-A-R-T-I-E-S) to expand my horizons. Next on my list to try: This elegant updo as demonstrated by our equally elegant staffer, Lorelei.
Great for medium to long hair, this look is perfectly polished without being the least bit severe. It’s the sort of ‘do that instantly dresses you up—I can see myself rocking it both in the evenings with a cocktail dress or during the day with a skirt and heels. I’m also newly into adding sparkly adornments to hair (very ’90s of me, I know). But seriously, when done in moderation, I love a bit of festive flair. Lo’s pretty pin works especially well towards the back of the head, but I’m also fond of these smaller sparklers from L.Erikson that are delicate enough to frame your face.
What holiday hairstyles will you be trying?
How To: Triple Braided Hairstyle Tutorial
A few weeks ago, we asked our Facebook followers to vote on their favorite medium-length hairstyle and this triple braided overwhelmingly received the most love. Whether you need an easy wedding updo or a pretty way to keep your hair up, this boho-chic hairstyle should do the trick. All it takes is three simple braids, some bobby pins, elastics, and of course, hairspray. And while it’s lovely on its own, don’t be afraid to twist it to your taste—you can add pretty hair clips or other embellishments to make it your own.
Check out Candice’s video for the full tutorial on this gorgeous look.
What are your go-to hairstyles for medium-length hair?
Looking for a look that’s more sleek and professional? Here’s how the achieve the perfect easy sock bun.
How To: Sock Bun Tutorial with The Wrap Up
In the summer, I always look for the easiest and quickest hairstyle option on the days I can’t be bothered with my long hair. One of my favorite go-to looks is the classic top knot. While it may seem like a simple hairdo, it can be a little tricky to get perfectly right. SarahPotempa’s The WRAP UP™ is a new tool to the Birchbox Shop that makes it super easy for me to roll my hair up and away from my face, keeping me cool while still looking polished. What makes it even better is that it secures the bun in place without bobby pins! Check out the video to learn how to use The Wrap Up to get that perfect sock bun because this look isn’t going anywhere.
What’s your go-to summer hairstyle?
With hair away from your face, make sure you’re flaunting your best skin with these 5 Ways to Get Your Best Summer Skin Yet.