Reading List: A Sophisticated Updo (for Short Hair too!), How to Become a Morning Person, and More
We know you don’t have oodles of time to browse through everything on the Birchbox blog and in the magazine each week. Here’s a short list of the top blog posts, articles, videos, and news that we don’t want you to miss.
1. The Bouffant Pony: Birchboxer Whitney shows us how to create a chic bouffant pony. Spoiler alert: As you can see in the photo, it involves LOTS of teasing.
2. How to Become a Morning Person: Early risers are not only healthier but also happier. Check out this helpful interview for tips on how to give your AM snooze habit the boot.
3. Queen Kate: This week model and icon Kate Moss turned 40 years old (where has the time gone?). Take a trip back through two decades of magazine covers in this feature from our UK outpost.
4. 4 Clever Ways to Maximize Your Travel Bag: Did you know a contact lens case can double as a travel container for foundation? Before you take off on your next trip, check out these handy tips for making the most of the products you pack.
How To: A Crown Braid Tutorial
Who needs a 2014 tiara when you’ve got a crown braid? If you’re still looking for a hairstyle to wow your fellow party-goers tonight we’ve got just the ticket with this tutorial. Watch to learn how to recreate the look yourself with step-by-step instructions from Birchbox editor (and hair guru) Meredith.
Don’t stop here! We’ve got you covered for all manner of beauty woes with our top 10 videos of 2013!
Reading List: A Crown Braid Tutorial, Uncle Jesse, and More
We know you don’t have oodles of time to browse through everything on the Birchbox blog and in the Magazine each week. Here’s a short list of the top blog posts, articles, videos, and news that we don’t want you to miss.
1. How To: Perfect a Crown Braid: This beautiful updo is one of our favorite styles for when you’re sick of your long hair.
2. Uncle of the Year—John Stamos: Birchbox Man takes us back to the ’90s this week with a thoughtful look back at the coolest uncle of them all.
3. Get NYE Ready: Rachel Zoe’s makeup artist teaches us how to get his untraditional smoky eye (think: khaki and gold!) for the biggest party night of the year.
4. Orange You Glad?: Last week, the Birchbox France team boldly explored an underused shade—orange. Watch their video to see how it’s done!
Give the gift of Birchbox!
How To: Curl Short Hair
You may know Birchbox staffer Whitney as one of our dedicated discovery specialists, but what you probably don’t know is that she’s also a creative genius at work behind the scenes of our video program. Since she’s a hairstyling wiz to boot, we recently dragged her out from behind the camera to show off her skills with a curling iron on her newly-chopped hair. Watch the video above to learn how to transform a short bob into a curly style, perfect for a Saturday night out or getting prepped for the holiday party season.
Who says girls with long hair get to have all the fun? Let us know in the comments what your favorite short hair styles are—we may just persuade Whitney to make another tutorial!
Find all the products featured in this video in the Birchbox Shop.