Announcing: Birchbox x SUITS
If you’ve been a Birchbox subscriber (or reader) for awhile, you know that we’ve had some pretty awesome partnerships: Teen Vogue, Gossip Girl, and Women’s Health, to name a few. This July, we have yet another exciting venture coming to a Birchbox near you—we’re linking up with USA’s hit show SUITS to celebrate the Season 3 premiere July 16!
Need a refresher? Get up to speed with this excellent synopsis from the snappy gents of Birchbox Man:
If you haven’t seen it yet, trust us: You’re missing out. The show’s main characters, Harvey and Mike, work at a high-powered New York law firm. Harvey has a law degree from Harvard. Mike, unbeknownst to everyone except Harvey, doesn’t have a law degree at all. The series is smart, stylish, and absolutely addictive. And the clothes? Second to none.
On a sultry summer night, what’s better than a juicy series featuring sharp-tongued, well-dressed individuals? In our opinion, not a whole lot. (OK, a pint of ice cream would make it even better.)
But the SUIT-ed fun doesn’t stop there. We’re also giving you the chance to win DVD box sets of the first two seasons, explore stylish picks from the SUITS team in your July boxes, and discover exciting content (hint: Check our YouTube channel for more very soon!).
Stay tuned for more updates!
Around the World with the New Birchbox
In honor of our global rebrand—as well as the debut of Birchbox FR and Birchbox ES, our four international teams put together a little video. From New York to Paris, London to Barcelona, it’s clear that we all have a lot in common. Just check out all the cross-Continental silliness! While we made this to show our staffers, we thought it was too cute not to share with our amazing community. Take a peek at the video above!
Curious why Birchbox is looking a little different these days? Here’s everything you need to know about our new look.
We treated our moms to a little something special last month, but now it’s time to honor our dads. They gave us our first training wheels, taught us how to stand up for ourselves, and showed us how to grill the perfect steak.
This Father’s Day we’ve been wondering—how could we possibly find a present that could knock his socks off? The answer, of course, was by turning to our staffers. Take a peek at what these Birchbox sons and daughters picked out for their Papas, and get inspired for your own gift along the way.
Dana and her dad
“My dad and I ran our first race together last June. Since the proceeds from the race go toward the hospital he works at, we decided to do it again this year. I found two items for him that would make for the perfect gift. I know he’d love the Quirky Wrapster—it’s a great way to keep his headphone chord organized. The second awesome item is the Niche For Men Male Deodorizing Wipes. He can use them to quickly freshen-up before we have a celebratory lunch after our run!”
Early this morning, we flipped the switch on our website (and this blog) and unveiled an updated style and logo that represent the next chapter for the Birchbox brand. Today is also the debut of Birchbox FR and Birchbox ES, and we’re thrilled to celebrate our new look with our four international teams.
As much as we l-o-v-e our visual overhaul, we’re even more excited about what it represents: our commitment to evolving Birchbox to bring you the best discovery experience possible. Here are just some of the recent tweaks we’ve made:
We’ve added questions to your grooming profile that will allow us to send you more of what you want and less of what you don’t. Log in to view the updated profile.
A Revamped Look
Birchbox has grown up a lot since our early days. Our new style better represents our brand’s personality: fun, sophisticated, and authentic. We can’t wait to hear what you think! Read our Creative Director’s take.
Improved Site Features
We’ve tinkered with our product search to help you find what you want faster and easier. Our new favorites feature allows you keep all your discoveries in one place. Learn about Favorites.
More Ways to Discover and Shop
We continue to expand our Bonus Shop, with offers that allow you to add amazing products or samples to your full-size orders. Check out the Bonus Shop.
And we’re not stopping there! While we will take a moment to toast our new look today, our phenomenal team is already hard at work on the next round of improvements to make the Birchbox shopping experience even better.
Katia & Hayley
Want to find out what all the fuss is about? Here’s how you can become a Birchbox subscriber.
Pets + Birchbox = Adorableness!
We love pets, and they seem to love Birchboxes—a recipe for ridiculously cute pictures, no? It makes our day to see fuzzy friends who are just as excited about Birchbox as we are—and we can’t be the only ones. Just look (and ‘awww’) at these subscribers’ Birchbox-lovin’ friends:
1. Carter B. sent this photo of his English bulldog to our team last week. How cute is that little bow tie?
2. We love seeing your upcycled Birchboxes—and so far the prize for most unexpected way to use it goes to Jodi F. A few weeks ago, she wrote “Right now I am using my boxes to incubate Sebastopol goose eggs. I needed something sturdy to hold the eggs during their month long incubation.” Last week, she updated us with this (amazing) photo of one of her goslings.
3. @raefaye: “What an amazing #birchbox month! I got a beautiful #cat in mine. #delilah @birchboxuk” We didn’t see that one in the sneak peek!
4. Devon F. shared this photo of her curious black lab on our Facebook: “Been with Birchbox for over a year, love my monthly surprise in the mail! And my pup, Lucy, does too!”
5. Rebecca K. isn’t the only one excited about her latest Birchbox. “My cat, Blossom, was happy for this month’s arrival!”
6. @nolacml: “Porkchop loves #birchbox too #frenchbulldog”
7. @jorance: “it seems ellie likes my april birchbox too! #april #birchbox #cute #cat #beauty #makeup #aw”
8. @betheebee: “Tilly isn’t quite as excited as I am about my very first #birchbox!”
9. Subscriber Sierra H. is one lucky lady: ”My favorite time of the month; a special delivery by the cutest cat in the world — helped by the best Birchbox gifting boyfriend in the world!”
Have a pic of a Birchbox-loving pet to share? Share your photo on Instagram or Twitter with hashtag #PetsofBirchbox or upload a pic on our FB page! We’ll add them to our #PetsofBirchbox Facebook album here!
Now that you’ve snapped your pet pic, upcycle your Birchbox with these three easy DIYs.
While we try to honor our moms all 365 days of the year, every May, we do a little something extra for the women who bought us our first lip glosses, soothed our teenage breakouts, and helped us choose the most gentle cleanser for our sensitive skin. Now it’s time for us to return the favor.
Take a peek at what these Birchbox daughters picked out this Mother’s Day, and pick up a few gift ideas along the way.
Dana Halpern and her mom
“My mom is a huge proponent of skincare and beauty! Thanks to her, I know that it’s just as important to wash and moisturize twice a day as it is to throw on some extra eyeliner and eye shadow before I go out for the night. She LOVES the Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab set (she even had me purchase it for some of her friends!), so I know that it would be a perfect gift for her for Mother’s Day.”
Our obsession with the Mirenesse Glossy Kiss has gone global. These pretty lip pencils are a favorite in all four of the Birchbox offices—and we can’t stop talking about them. From how to wear the shades as lipsticks and cheek color, to how to sharpen the pencils and more, here’s how we’re wearing these gorgeous hues right now:
10 Awesome Parties To Celebrate Benefit’s Fakeup Concealer
We’re head over heels for Benefit’s new Fakeup under eye concealer, which covers dark circles like a dream and hydrates skin for up to six hours. We wanted to spread the good word to our customers, so this past week we teamed up with Benefit and hosted events over two days at the brand’s boutiques in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Connecticut. Those who attended were treated to a complimentary brow service, a $35 Benefit gift card, yummy treats and bubbly, and an exclusive Birchbox + Benefit gift box. Instead of telling you how much fun we had, we thought we’d show you how it went instead! Check out some of the supercute pics our subscribers took on Instagram:
1. @bradyjcrews, Birchbox Benefit Fakeup Event!! @birchbox @benefitcosmetics #fakeup@erikah9999 @korianni (New York)
2. @botanicole21: @birchbox @benefitbeauty testing products at benefit with Clara! #fakeup #santamonica (Los Angeles)
3. @lianhua: Makin’ ourselves purdy with @benefitbeauty and @birchbox at the #FakeUpparty! (San Francisco)
4. @katiawb: I just bought more makeup… I couldn’t help it!! cc @birchbox @benefitcosmetics #fakeup (Our co-founder in New York)
5. @missmtvtalent: Had so much fun tonight with @loveshopaholic @benefitcosmetics @birchbox #fakeup #perfecteyebrows #friends (Los Angeles)
6. @loveforlacquer: Poppin champagne at the @birchbox @benefitcosmetics event! #birchbox #benefit #benefitcosmetics #fakeup #loveforlacquer #event (Connecticut)
7. @mehlers: @birchbox @benefitcosmetics #fakeup event #greenwich with my #gorgeousgf @sarahreichard #champagne #shopping (Connecticut)
8. @lyanow: $45 ticket got me an amazing brow wax, $35 benefit gift card (used to score some #fakeup and fine one one for cheeks & lips), bubbles&cake pops, AND a bonus birchbox/benefit box? today is the best day ever. (Chicago)
10. @sharleeenie: Birchbox + Benefit Fakeup event. @itzteenstaa (San Francisco)
Another Benefit product we love: Fine One One.
Last November, we debuted a Birchbox Home limited edition collection filled with entertaining essentials to help you throw a New Year’s Eve fête or a cozy dinner party. This time around, we’ve put together a selection of lifestyle must-haves dedicated to spring and all its bounty.
From a foolproof herb-growing kit to yummy award-winning jams, this limited edition box is teeming with topnotch seasonal picks. There’s a sturdy Baggu Market Shopping Bag to carry your fresh produce, an adorable radish-print utility knife for slicing the ingredients in your favorite spring recipes, and LAFCO’s Little Luxuries Candle Tin to spruce up your living space.
Don’t put off using your green thumb! Grab a Limited Edition: Farm to Table Box—which has an $89 value—for just $32 right now. If you’ve fallen in love with an individual item in the box, you can find separate products available for purchase in our new Home & Food category in the Birchbox shop.
Looking to grab our regular women’s box? Click here to become a subscriber now.