A small sampling: “Drunk in Love,” Lorde’s witchy dance moves, Katy & John, and more!
P.S. Make sure to follow us on Twitter on Sunday, January 26 as we live tweet the awards!
We know you don’t have oodles of time to browse through everything on the Birchbox blog and in the magazine each week. Here’s a short list of the top blog posts, articles, videos, and news that we don’t want you to miss.
1. Birchbox Goes Mobile: You heard right. Finally, you can carry Birchbox in your pocket, courtesy of our new, easily customizable iPhone app. Go ahead, tap away!
2. 6 Must-Know Beauty Facts: Did you know that the Clarisonic origin story ties back to NASA? Check out these six baffling beauty facts compiled by our UK team—these will definitely make for optimal cocktail chatter.
3. BBC Reporter Gets Airbrushed: What does it feel like to get all of your imperfections erased virtually? Surprisingly, not that great.
4. Bowing Down to Queen B: It’s no secret we’re big Beyonce fans here at Birchbox (ahem). Inspired by her superfan Chris Koo’s video love letter to “Crazy in Love,” we “count down” our favorite Bey-inspired tributes.
5. 5 Blushing Brides: Our friends at Lover.ly were tickled pink by the romantic, rose-colored gown trend seen at Bridal Fashion Week.
Get a text with the download link for the Birchbox app sent straight to your phone!
We’re not worthy! In just a simple pony and black top, Beyonce still manages to turn heads. (Photo: s_bukley / Shutterstock.com)
Earlier this week, the interwebz got a little gift in the form of a video by Beyoncé fan Chris Koo. In honor of the 10th anniversary of “Crazy in Love,” Koo showed us his best hair flips, hip shakes, and more. Mind you, Birchbox HQ doesn’t lack for Queen B fans (as evidenced by our archive of B-related posts), but we can’t hold a candle to Koo’s moves. In honor of him and all the other supremely talented Beyoncé fans out there, we asked the Birchbox editors to weigh on their favorite tributes. Here we go…
A thigh what? That was my response too when I first saw a friend’s Facebook post about this topic. And then a quick search revealed a number of articles and disturbing websites about the thigh gap and why young girls are so desperate to have one. (Beware: If you do a Google image search, prepare yourself—it’s pretty terrifying).
In short, a thigh gap is the space between a woman’s thighs when she stands with her feet together. The look is considered trendy, and now teen girls everywhere are trying to get thigh gaps of their own, many in unhealthy ways.
Here at Birchbox, while we love a good sweat session and strive to stay healthy, we’re more about embracing our natural quirks and curves. So, in an attempt to dispel this craze, I’ve compiled a short list of celebs who are all wildly successful, gorgeous, refreshing gap-free examples.
These are the legs that scored RiRi the “Celebrity Legs of a Goddess” award in 2007. It was true then, and it’s true now. (Photo: Pete Goddard/Splash News/Corbis)
OMG Beyonce Chopped Her Hair Off!
We could hardly believe it this morning when we caught sight of Queen B’s Instagram feed and saw this: Mrs. Carter has snipped her signature long, flowing curly locks and gone full-on boy cut.
We’re loving this ultra-short ‘do on the songstress. It seriously shows off her pretty cheekbones and gorgeous brown eyes, and honestly, no one knows how to add diva flair to a look quite like Bey.
What do you think of Beyonce’s new look? Would you or have you ever rocked a cropped cut like this?
We’re total suckers for bold looks, which is why we’re obsessed with this ultra long-lasting red stila lipstick.