kate spade ny image via Fashionetc.com
If the weatherman has anything to say about it, then you’ll likely have lots of time to read this weekend. The East Coast has had quite an eventful week in terms of natural disasters, so while we’re looking forward to the weekend, some of us will most likely be evacuating. So much for one of the last summer weekends! Here’s what we’ll be catching up on while Irene threatens our coastline.
- U.K. beauty site, Feel Unique, and artist Duncan Cargill have teamed up to recreate the most famous works of art in the world. The difference this time around? These pieces are all ‘painted’ using cosmetics such as nail polish, eyeliner, foundation, and lipstick. The stellar works are being auctioned off this week to benefit three different cancer charities. [Bella Sugar]
- We’re all for splurging on beauty products that we love and that really work, but we have to draw the line somewhere, right? Sedu, the hair tools company that usually retails between $60-$160, is coming out with the mother of all hairdryers. It has 18 different speeds, weighs barely anything, and is more eco-friendly. What’s not to love? Well, the $700 cost, for starters. [The Find]
- We’re pretty big kate spade ny fans over here in pink land (we sell the brand’s awesome Twirl fragrance), so we were super excited to see the line’s new fall 2011 campaign images and video featuring Bryce Dallas Howard. Click through to see behind-the-scenes clips. [Fashion Etc]
- Brazillian blowouts have been on quite a roller coaster. First, they were crazy popular, then they were crazy controversial because they contain potentially harmful levels of formaldehyde. Now, the debate may be laid to rest, one way or the other, when the Cosmetic Industry Review determines whether or not the process is safe on either September 26th or 27th. Either way, the beauty industry is stepping up to the plate and developing similar, formaldehyde-free professional treatments, including Concen-straight from Bumble & bumble. [Fashionista]
- And because we know you probably can’t really hole up in your home all weekend, Beauty High has a few ideas for ‘hurricane-proof’ hair to get you through in style. [Beauty High]
While you’re loading up y2k-style on emergency rations, why not stockpile your beauty products, too?