New trend alert (again): colorful zinc oxide sunscreen. Photo from Kiss and Tell.
TGIF, am-I-right? This weekend we’re all about making the most of the end of summer and also scoping out some new fall trends. Here’s what’s on our radar before we skedaddle out of the office this afternoon.
- A new study suggests that caffeine, and in turn coffee, helps reduce the risk of skin cancer. If this is true, that gigantic coffee I consumed this morning probably just saved me. This also means there’s another extremely valid reason to eat chocolate every day. Score! [Styleist]
- In addition to filling up on coffee, we’ll be loading on the sunscreen for the rest of the summer (and fall, and winter), especially after finding out that 80s staple Zinka (that colorful zinc oxide sunscreen) is still around. Better yet, it’s making a comeback. There’s still time to break it out at end of summer concerts and the beach! [BellaSugar]
- It’s official; the makeup look of the season is the “cat eye.” Whether you’re going big and bold with smoldering shadow or subtle with a sexy winged line, it’s time to sharpen your kohl liner and brush up on your liquid liner skillz. Our winged liner tutorial will prep you for the basics! [T Magazine]
- There seems to be a wide range of reactions to this video of Anne Hathaway rapping (in the style of Lil Wayne, naturally) about papparazzi on Conan. Is it awkward? Embarrasing? Endearing? Maybe all three. [Refinery29]
- Abercrombie tried to pull a funny pr stunt and offered to pay The Situation to stop wearing their clothes because “this association is contrary to the aspirational nature of our brand.” Apparently it backfired. [WSJ]
- Last but not least, Lauren Conrad’s website, The Beauty Department, has great tips for wearing a monochromatic beauty look — think pink lips, cheeks, and eye shadow. Ideal for lazy girls and makeup on the go. [The Beauty Department]
Shop for our favorite monochromatic makeup in the Birchbox Shop.