We all know how big the dip-dye hair trend is, right? Well, combine that with nail art and it’s a trendpocolypse. I’ve seen some very successful ombre’d nails and it seemed easy enough to achieve so I grabbed a few of my favorite polishes and a camera. Trust when I say the final image doesn’t do this look justice.
1. Paint your nails one solid color. I chose Zoya polish in Shay but this looks lovely with darker base colors as well.
2. Dab a small amount of your second polish onto the edge of a disposable makeup sponge. Choose a contrasting shade like Deborah Lippmann’s Between The Sheets or a festive metallic.
3. Lightly dab sponge near tip of nail and work your way up. As the polish wears off the sponge, you’ll see a splattered effect. Apply as much or as little as desired.
4. Clean up any skin that your sponge may have inadvertently touched with a polish remover soaked Q-Tip.
5. Finish with a top coat.
6. Dip-dye other areas of your life too! I love this DIY Fluro Cutlery idea.
Find our favorite polishes, including the ones I used today, in the Birchbox Shop.