It’s a scorcher in New York right now and there are no signs of it letting up until Monday! While some of us will be hanging out at the beach all weekend, others will be holed up inside with the air conditioning on full blast. For those readers, we present this week’s must-know list:
- Fans of Bethenny Frankel and Skinnygirl Margarita have another reason to grab a drink this weekend. WWD reports that Frankel is releasing a new skincare line, appropriately called Skinnygirl Face & Body Solutions and Skinnygirl Mommy. You’ll have to wait until November to pick up the products at select Wal-Marts.
- If you’ve ever been intrigued by paper hats and cut outs, you must check out these two girls from Paper-Cut-Project. They’ve teamed up with kate spade ny to create amazing windswept wigs for two NYC window displays, all made completely out of paper. R29 has the deets.
- You’ve probably heard about this one but it’s just too juicy to resist sharing. Kim Kardashian is suing Old Navy over a series of ads that feature a model that bears a resemblance to her. There’s quite a debate over whether the model actually looks like Kim (or more like Nicole Scherzinger), whether Old Navy intentionally cast her to take advantage of the resemblance, and whether Kim is entitled to the $15-20 million she’s suing for. Fashionista also clued us in to another fun twist: apparently the model is currently dating Kim’s ex, Reggie Bush!
- In e-commerce news, NARS just launched a brand new website this week! It’s preeeettyyy. In addition to some fancy new product images, they also have a section called “World of Nars,” which gives more insight into the history of the brand and Francois Nars himself. Check out the site and WWD’s feature about the relaunch.
- Ad page figures for next month’s September magazine issues were released this week and Vogue and InStyle are in second place respectively. More interesting than that: apparently Anna Wintour and Vogue are working on a brand-new website, to be launched in December. Styleite speculates as to what the focus of the site will be but Wintour and any involved parties are keeping the truth under wraps (for the moment anyway).
Find our favorite NARS products in the Birchbox Shop. And don’t forget if you spend more than $100 today you will receive a free TATCHA blotting papers pack. Use code HEATWAVE.