Mary-Kate and Ashley, and Ashley and Mary-Kate photos via Fashionista.com
We’re (almost) all settled in to our new office digs after moving just last night and luckily we’ve had a chance to brush up on our reading while unpacking. Here’s what has caught our eye this week:
- Moving has us all on a bit of a DIY kick—let’s get crafty! This Monday The Coveteur profiled the queen of DIY, P.S. I Made This’ Erica Domasek. We had a blast interviewing Erica ourselves a few months back, so seeing her digs was a real treat.
- In fashion news, there’s been a real shakeup at Halston. Yesterday WWD confirmed rumors that first Sarah Jessica Parker and then Harvey Weinstein were severing ties with the company. You may remember that SJP has been the president and chief creative officer of Halston Heritage (the more affordable branch of the line) for little more than a year while Weinstein has had an equity stake, but little actual involvement for several years. Now, this morning we’ve just heard that designer Marios Schwab is out as creative director for the brand and there won’t be a spring 2012 collection. The label’s future certainly seems to be up in the air at this moment so we’ll be keeping an eye on wwd throughout the weekend.
- Lately, golden makeup seems to be having a real moment. We’re calling it a new neutral and it’s our go-to hue when we need some glow. WhoWhatWear’s beauty board has some more ideas on how to wear it.
- Fashionista posted a few of our favorite stories this week. The first is a roundup of their favorite hair blogs. There are some amazing ones out there and we’ll definitely be adding them to our feed reader. The other is a guide to telling Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen apart based on their outfits. It really is time that we figured it out.
- We don’t often find tons of television programs that delve into the beauty industry. That’s why we were so excited to see BellaSugar’s article about the BBC’s new miniseries called Perfume. The show takes an in-depth look at the multibillion-dollar fragrance industry and we can guarantee you’ll learn something new.
Try out some of our favorite “get glowy” products from July’s Birchbox, curated by Cynthia Rowley, and available now in the shop!