You probably already know Rachel from her excellent weekly Skin Rx blog posts, but what you might not know is that of all the members of the brand team, Rachel (aka @Rachelista) is probably the sassiest and most adventurous trendsetter. (She might be the sassiest person working at Birchbox, come to think of it.) Even when her trend suggestions are a bit too far ahead of the curve for us (Nail Quills, anyone?), we know she’ll pull it off spectacularly. She also has excellent taste in the newest and best beauty products so we jumped at the chance to get a peek at her desk today. Read on for her current obsessions including an appropriately named lip tint and a truly illuminating highlighter.
1. Clark’s Botanicals Ultra Rich Lip Tint in “Rachel Red”: Enough said. Note to all brands out there, if you put “Rachel” in the name, I will buy it and love it.
2. Audrey Hepburn Paper Weight: The Brand Team loves me so much they pick on me about my paper weight. My Mom gave me this last year because the Audrey Hepburn quote reminded her of me. It says, “It’s simple. I believe in pink. I believe in wearing lipstick. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe in miracles”. All very true :) Thanks Mom!
3.Becca Mineral Primer with SPF 30: I am currently obsessed with everything Becca, but especially their Mineral SPF Primer with SPF 30. It gives me a matte finish and you can even use it at the beach at your SPF! They just came out with Nail Polish, too. I can’t wait to try them out!
4. RMS Beauty Living Luminizer: This is one of my favorite, all-around products. I use it as a highlighter on my brow bone and also on my cheek bones. It reflects light in the most natural way to give you the perfect glow!
5. Lip Slip by Sara Happ: This little guy lives up to it’s motto, “one luxe balm.” I love the smell and the slight shimmer it gives my lips.
6. Forever 21 Golden Bow Ring: We have a tendency here at Birchbox HQ to pass around accessories. My contribution is my golden rose bow ring. Sometimes when you’re at your computer all day it’s nice to spice things up with a cute ring! (similar ring linked).
7. Xen-Tan Deep Bronze Luxe Self Tanner: As some of you know, I am an esthetician - check out my weekly blog Skin Rx. So, I don’t believe in laying out in the sun (I am determined to keep this youthful skin as long as possible!) and I am always on the search for the best new self tanner. For the body, I use Xen-Tan to get a sun-kissed glow. Oh, and it doesn’t have the typical yucky self-tanner smell!
P.s. If you look really closely, you’ll see a picture of the Birchbox men in their flannels on Rachel’s computer.
For more of Rachel’s faves, check out the brands she works with every day in the Birchbox Shop!