I hate to use the f-word, but fall (yes, that f-word—what were you thinking?), is right around the corner. I’m searching for autumnal beauty inspiration and I found it in this photo of the lovely Lily Collins at the Canadian premiere of her new flick, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. In case you adore this look as much as I do, here’s how to recreate it:
1. Collins’ bold expressive brows are such a fan fave, they even have their own Twitter account! You’ll want to shade in your brows to get a similar look. We like this versatile pencil from IT Cosmetics, which works on variety of hair colors and the waterproof formula won’t smear or smudge.
2. Keep skin hydrated and ensure your makeup stays put with MAKE’s Face Primer SPF 30. The translucent formula plumps fine lines and reduces the appearance of pores, creating an even canvas. Next up, score Lily’s dewy-looking glow with BECCA’s Shimmering Skin Perfector and follow with a complexion-correcting foundation. (Avoid a foundation snafu by using our guide to snagging flawless coverage.)
3. Lily’s peachy cheeks and lips are a fresh-looking alternative to fall’s ubiquitous berry tones. Look for lip gloss with a subtle sparkle, rather than full on glitter. Secret Agent Beauty Kiss-Kiss Rendezvous in Lips Galore has a moisturizing formula and leaves behind a buildable pop of color that catches the light beautifully. Get matchy-matchy and reach for a blush in a similar peachy tone. I’m particularly fond of BECCA®’s Beach Tint in Dragonfruit. Squeeze a small amount onto your pointer finger and gently dab onto the apples of your cheeks and blend up along your cheekbones.
4. Now it’s time for my favorite part: Lily’s understated rose-gold kitten eye. First, prime your lids with stila prime pot waterproof eye shadow primer in taffy. Swipe on a shimmery rose gold eyeshadow and extend the color beyond your crease. Draw extra attention to your eyes by dabbing an illuminating powder highlighter like theBalm cosmetics’ Mary-Lou Manizer onto your inner corners. Then, trace a taupe brown eyeliner along the outer corners of your upper lash line. For extra oomph, swipe on two coats of lengthening mascara. My current fave is ModelCo’s FIBRE LASHXTEND Lengthening Mascara.
5. The key to replicating Ms. Colin’s bouncy ’60s-inspired bouffant? Clean, healthy hair. Use I.C.O.N. INDIA 24k RICHLY EXOTIC MASQUE to reveal high-shine and restore lost hydration. Post shower, apply a fews spritzes of uniqONE’s All In One Hair Treatment to tame, condition, and nourish parched strands. Master a salon-quality blow out with this handy primer and create a center part. Next pin back the front sections of your hair and secure with a couple bobby pins.
What are you drawing inspiration for your fall beauty look?
Score equally sparkly skin below the neck with Mt. Sapola Body Wash.