Not all of us are born with perfect skin. If you’re like me, your face doesn’t exactly glow like a goddess when you wake up in the morning. Some women can walk out the door with just a swipe of mascara and a dash of gloss, but for me, I need at least a bit of concealer (okay, maybe A LOT of concealer) to feel presentable. I’ve accepted my imperfections but I’ve also learned a few tricks for faking flawless skin to use when I need a little extra help. Here are my favorite 5 tips:
1. The Benefit Primer That Outlasts Birchbox Co-Founder Katia’s 15-Hour Day
The very first step in having long-lasting, flawless makeup is using a great primer. After working hard to perfectly blend your foundation, there’s nothing worse than having it break up or smear throughout the day. That’s why I’ve added this Stay Flawless Primer from Benefit to my makeup arsenal. It holds up for 15-hours, which means you won’t have to worry about your makeup sliding or wearing off.
2. Top Beauty Blunders: Foundation Blending
Now that we’ve got our face primed, next is foundation and concealer. While it may seem easy enough to blend out your base makeup, a lot of women fall victim to disastrous foundation situations. From mismatched shades to concealer abuse, these top beauty blunders expose the most common foundation blending mistakes and how to fix them.
3. Our Latest BB Cream Obsession: Marcelle
BB, CC, DD… No they’re not bra sizes. You may be confused about this latest makeup obsession but these multitasking beauty products are awesome for the woman on the move. This Marcelle BB Cream hydrates and calms skin, controls shine, masks imperfections, and infuses your complexion with just the right amount of color. The best part is that you only need to use one product!
4. How To: Brighten Under Eye CirclesThey’re right to call it beauty sleep. I have my best beauty days when I get my 7-8 hours of shut-eye. So when a few (or many) sleepless nights take their toll, we all know what happens as a result—dark under eye circles. These tips will help brighten those sleepy raccoon eyes and fake a glowy wide-awake look.
5. How to Cover Acne & Basic Foundation Routine—frmheadtotoe
One major skin concern of mine is covering up pimples or hyperpigmentation left from acne. Here, YouTube beauty guru frmheadtotoe shows us the best technique for applying foundation and concealer to hide any existing acne or discoloration marks. See? A flawless face is possible!
The secret to perfect makeup application is a smooth canvas. Check out what this staffer uses to exfoliate and brighten her skin.