We’ve got contributing editor Natalie Alcala on speed-dial. Not only does the LA-based writer and blogger know the best places to score an unforgettable braid, she’s also discovered the secret to perfect skin from Hollywood’s elite. Every week, she’ll be cluing us in to the latest in West Coast fashion, beauty, and fun.
Whether you’re an Internet sensation or simply a fan, your calendar is surely marked for this weekend’s BeautyCon in L.A. Going down at Siren Studios in Hollywood from 10am to 9pm, the day-long event will offer attendees the unique opportunity to meet all their favorite beauty and fashion web personalities under one roof. Want in? Register to attend here.
As you’ll see on the agenda, the day is jam-packed with an overwhelming amount of back-to-back workshops, panels, tutorials and competitions. To help you navigate the show like a pro, here’s a roundup of the top five events to catch. (I’m participating in two of them, so I hope I see you there!)
1. Vision to Visionary (11am): Hosted by style star Sydne Summer, this panel breaks down how to turn your passion into a business. Featured panelists include bloggers Kristin Ess and Sarah Howard, LORAC Cosmetics founder Carol Shaw, Uncovet founder Heather Lipner and YouTube favorite Kandee Johnson.
2. Q&A with Kelly Osbourne (1pm): Fashion Police co-star Kelly Osbourne will be in the house to take questions from her fans live on stage. Given that she’s known for her unapologetically blunt opinion, this one is definitely a must-see.
3. Be Your Own Brand (1:30pm): Hosted by digital pro Jaclyn Johnson, this panel will focus on how to build a strong visual identity. Featured panelists include bloggers Geri Hirsch (one of my favorites) and Wendy Nguyen, actress Shenae Grimes and TV star Jeannie Mai.
4. Burn It or Buy It (4pm): This one is hosted by my girls of the Giogo Show and breaks down the hot and not of today’s trends. Joining me on this panel is celebrity hair guru George Papanikolas and a handful of top YouTube stars, like AnneorShine.
5. NYX Cosmetics Face Awards (5:30pm): Last but certainly not least, the day will cap off with a beauty competition where contestants will battle live for a chance to be the National Beauty Vlogger of the Year. The show is hosted by none other than fashion pop star P’Trique and will feature a pro panel of judges, including NYX founder Toni K., celeb makeup artist Billy B and yours truly! Hope to see you there.
Want more insider deets on what to see on the West Coast? Catch up on all things Angeleno here.