Next week social media intern Julia is heading to Italy, first to Liguria and then Sicily. She’ll be spending time with her family, swimming in the Mediterranean, and of course indulging in lots of focaccia. (Bring us, too!) Here’s what she’s packing in her valigia:
1. Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper: Vacation is when I like to take a break from constantly blow drying and straightening my hair so this curl keeper is the only styling product I am bringing along- it leaves my curls soft and bouncy, plus it doesn’t build up or feel heavy.
2. Zimmermann Celestial Ruffled Triangle Bikini: I love wearing white bikinis in the summer and this one has such fun ruffles!
3. Derma e Hydrating Mist: I always try to have a mist in my bag but it’s especially important when flying. Airplane air is drying and stale and can leave your skin in the same state so I periodically spray my face throughout the flight. Derma e makes a good one.
4. Dr.Lipp Original Nipple Balm: I personally love the name and packaging but the real reason this multi-purpose balm always comes with me on trips is it’s super hydrating formula. I use it on my lips, hands, and sometimes even put it on the ends of my hair.
5. Benefit Yes They’re Real mascara: When it comes to makeup I ditch everything (even my beloved BB cream) and just stick with a little blush and mascara for the evening. Benefit’s mascara makes my lashes so dramatic that I feel put together.
6. NARS Orgasm blush: This rosy pink gives my cheekbones the perfect pop of color.
7. Caudalie Divine Oil: This oil smells like the Rivera! I adore it and I have been using it non-stop all summer so of course I am bringing it with me. I love to spray it as soon as I get out of the shower when my skin is still damp.
8. The Cuckoo’s Calling: Since I don’t get to read as much as I would like to during the year, my trips to Italy always involve lots of books. This year I am most excited about J.K. Rowling’s latest novel.
If you’re looking for a little piece of Italy, follow my trip by checking out Birchbox’s Instagram and look for hashtag #bbinterndiaries.
Need more inspiration for what to take on your next trip? Here are even more packing lists.