6 Awesome Links We Can’t Get Enough Of: Intern Diaries
You might recall the Birchbox Intern Diaries with former editorial intern Charisse. Now our summer interns Julia, Katrina, and Geraldine are heroically taking over the series (though without a camera). For the next month, every Thursday they’ll be sharing their discoveries from around the Birchbox office. Today, they’re surfing through our Brand Partnership Team’s favorite pieces of entertainment media.
We’ll be honest—during our downtime in the middle of the workday, we (like so many out there) catch up on cool videos and interesting websites. During our most recent media break, we hopped over to the ever savvy Beauty Partnerships team to see what internet sensations they’ve been scoping out lately. If you’re in need of a midday pick-me-up, these quirky Buzzfeed pieces and hilarious Tumblrs are sure to do the trick:
- 27 Gifs that Perfectly Capture the 90s [BuzzFeed]: "I’m a nostalgic person, so I love all of Buzzfeed’s Rewind articles, especially this one. Also, Jesse and The Rippers on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon was the best!" —Kelsey Rozier, Brand Campaign Strategy Associate
- Japanese Boy and His French Bulldog are the World’s Cutest Friends Ever [BuzzFeed]:"What’s cuter than a puppy or a cute little kid with a bowl cut? Said puppy and cute kid together—hanging out as best friends! This post is guaranteed to put a smile on your face.” —Savannah Sachs, Intern, Beauty Partnerships
- Suri’s Burn Book [Tumblr]: "I just really love this blog. It’s been around for a bit, but the royal birth has given her some great new material!" —Caroline Everett, Brand Campaign Strategy Senior Manager
- The 15 Most Difficult Would You Rather Questions of All Time [BuzzFeed]: "This was released on Buzzfeed last week. These ‘Would You Rather’ questions are funny and strangely thought-provoking in some instances." —Kendall Maximini, Merchandising & Marketing Associate
- 27 Signs You’re an Obsessive List Maker [BuzzFeed]: "I am guilty of every single one of these, but that’s okay! It made me so happy to know that there are other people out there in the world who love list-making as much as I do." —Kerrie Lopez, Brand Campaign Strategy Manager
- The Wizard of Ahhhs by Todrick Hall [YouTube]: This is one of our favorite leisure time links. Not only can this YouTuber sing, but he’s also creative and hilarious with his remakes of Disney classics and modern media. This take on The Wizard of Oz is just as magical as the original. —Team Content Interns
What are your go-to sources of entertainment today? Tell us in the comments!
—Geraldine, Julia, and Katrina
If prefer a dog-eared novel, check out these beach read recommendations from Birchbox staffers.