Here’s a major beauty myth: Natural products can’t hold up to traditional formulations in terms of performance. In reality, there are plenty of green brands that can deliver the same results—without any skin-irritating additives. Here are five must-try all-natural creations we’re crazy about:
1. Juice Beauty’s Green Apple Peel Sensitive: This peel really, really works. It uses a healing blend of organic apple, lemon, grape juices, raw cane sugar, and white willow bark to brighten and exfoliate your complexion in a mere 10 minutes. Unlike many so-called natural lines, Juice Beauty uses an organic juice solution as their base instead of water. This brings the organic content in their products up to a whopping 98 percent, unlike many brands which have organic content hovering around 5 percent.
2. Alima Pure’s Eyeshadow: While a lot of pressed shadows rely on chemical preservatives to give their formulas a creamy, compact consistency, mineral lines like Alima Pure eschew these skin-irritating ingredients. Especially great for those with sensitive skin, you’ll never find ingredients like bismuth oxychloride, a pore-clogging additive. Instead, the brand uses crushed pure minerals like titanium dioxide and zinc oxide.
3. Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser: Long before natural skincare went mainstream, Suki founder Suki Kramer was whipping up healthy skin savers in her own kitchen. Proof that her kitchen mixing payed off can be found in her incredible exfoliating cleanser. The formula uses natural lemongrass and chamomile to thoroughly clean skin and at the same time, the alpha hydroxy acids in the raw sugar gently buff away dead skin and excess oil without stripping away moisture. And in case you needed any more convincing, over 4,000 Birchbox subscribers have given it glowing (literally!) reviews.
4. Revolution Organics Freedom Glow Beauty Balm: This all-in-one color works on cheeks, lips, and eyes—no brushes necessary. Like all Revolution Organics products, the Freedom Glow is totally natural and loaded with healthy ingredients like jojoba, olive oil, and shea butter. Thanks to all those hydrators, it has a super-creamy consistency and gives skin a velvety finish.
5. RMS Living Luminizer: This luxe beauty line is a favorite among models, beauty editors, and Birchbox staffers. All RMS products are formulated with food-quality, organic ingredients including this highlighter, which uses light-reflecting minerals to give skin an iridescent sheen. Because RMS’ manufacturing process avoids heat, the ingredients remain raw and more beneficial for your skin.
Trace the origins of Suki’s best-selling natural scrub, from sourcing the organic ingredients to filling the glass jars.