Any Michiganders out there? This week our senior manager of social media, Rachel, is leaving for her wedding in Charlevoix, Michigan! (Note: longtime Birchbox fans have probably been anticipating this day since October when her engagement bling started popping up all over our Instagram feed.)
Before Rachel left Manhattan for her two week stint in the Midwest we made her spill the beans about which products made the cut for her big trip. Here’s what she’s taking with her, and why:
1. DDF Brightening Cleanser: I fell in love with this when I received a sample in my Birchbox. It’s super gentle and a great complement to my Clarisonic. Also, the bottle is enormous so it was a great purchase.
2. Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Finishing Spray: I’m getting my hair and makeup done for the wedding, but I have a pre-wedding BBQ where I’m planning to wear beachy waves courtesy of my new Sedu iron. I love this light hairspray from Ojon because it’s not crunchy, really holds, and smells great.
3. Oscar de la Renta Something Blue: It just smells so beautiful! I first tried it when the prize arrived for our latest giveaway with ODLR and I got hooked! I knew right away I wanted to wear this scent at my wedding.
4. Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging Eye Treatment: Getting married means I’m offically a grown-up, right?! Time to get serious about the anti-aging regimen. Caroline on our Beauty Partnerships team swears by this eye cream and turned me on to it.
5. L’Occitane Sublime Essence: I’ve been a huge fan of L’Occitane for as long as I can remember. I was SO psyched when we started carrying it in the Birchbox Shop. This serum is part of my new dedication to anti-aging and makes my face feel extra extra soft.
7. NARS Multiple in South Beach: I don’t go anywhere without this. It’s the lazy girl’s eye shadow go-to. Since I have dark skin I use bronze tones on my eyes when I want a natural look. I’ll be wearing this to my rehearsal, BBQ, and post-wedding brunch.
9. Embryolisse Anti-Aging Firming Cream: Everyone needs an awesome night cream—this is mine. If you like a heavy moisturizer for the evening with anti-aging properties, I highly recommend it.
Getting married this summer? Check out our bridal beauty tips and tricks from Lover.ly!