Of all the staffers we highlight on the Birchbox Blog, we’re most in awe of the amazing ladies on our Ops team. These problem-solving wizards handle all of your customer service issues, from misplaced samples to last-minute gifting needs. Today they’re lending their expert intel to help you get the most out of your Birchbox experience.
Okay, so it’s not the most glamorous part of Birchbox (unlike this or this) but the Account Settings of your subscription are an integral part of your experience. Think of them like what’s under the hood of your car—the engine that keeps your account running like a finely oiled machine. From tracking information to your points history, you’ll find tons of crucial information in your Account Settings. Heres’s a quick primer to help you make the most of your membership.
First step: Go to Birchbox.com and log in. Once you’re logged in, you’ll see your name in the upper right hand corner. Click on your name and this drop-down menu will appear.
Click “Account Settings.” When you see a page that looks like this one below, you’ll know that you’re there:
Let’s tackle the left hand column around your subscriptions, first.
1. The first column includes information concerning your subscriptions. You’ll be able to view the status of your subscription—if it’s active, that means you are currently receiving boxes.
2. Below you’ll see the Edit Profile link. This takes you to your Beauty Profile, a short questionnaire that helps us tailor your monthly samples to your preferences.
3. This section also allows you to update your subscription billing information. If you get a new credit card or change your billing address, click this link to make the necessary updates.
4. Next, if you have a monthly subscription, you’ll see this link to upgrade to an annual subscription. You can do this at any time if you want to switch from your monthly payments to the one time $110 payment.
5. The next link—one we hope you never click!—is Cancel Subscription. This will allow you to stop your Birchbox subscription.
6. And finally, you’ll see the cute little truck and the tracking for your current month’s box, so if you ever lose your tracking email you can always find the information here. If you have a men’s subscription the same links and options will be available as well.
Moving right along, below your women’s and men’s subscription section is information on Gifts Purchased.
If you click Gift Purchase History, you’ll see anything that you’ve ever sent. If you’re looking to extend a gifted subscription, this is the part of your account that you’ll want to visit.
All you need to do to continue a gifted subscription, is click Send Another Gift like in the image below.
Now to the middle column!
1. If you ever need to change your name, email, or password you can do so by clicking Edit Your Account Information and Password. The Addresses section is where you can add and delete billing and shipping addresses (if you need to change your shipping information, be sure to do so by the 25th of the month so we can ensure your next box is sent to the correct location!). Also, don’t forget your billing and shipping addresses do not have to be the same.
2. A little further down are your Birchbox Points. You’ll be able to see how many you have stored up, and you can click into “Points History” to keep track of how and when you’ve earned points. (Tip: Don’t forget they expire after one year). To learn more about all the ways you can earn more, you can read all about our Points Program here.
For even more info, you can also scroll to the bottom of the account settings page. Below the Purchase Activity section which displays past orders, you’ll see a section called Points Activity where you’ll find the most recent updates about your points.
3. Below your points lies your Favorites. This lets you keep track of the products you can’t get enough of—or ones that you just want to remember for later—all in one place. Use this as a helpful list to make shopping even easier!
4. And finally, your Sharing Settings. Here you can manage what information is shown when you add a review to a product.
The third and final column all the way to the right has some helpful reminders and information.
1. A great way to earn points is by referring your friends. If you send them the link that you can access under Refer a Friend, once they sign up for a monthly or yearly subscription you’ll automatically receive 50 points!
2. We’ve also provided some customer service reminders including how subscriptions work along with our email and phone number if you ever need to get in touch with us (we’re also available on Twitter @BirchboxOps!).
Whew! We know that was a lot of information, but we really hope that it can all come in handy the next time you need to make an update or check on something in your account.
Let us know in the comments if you have any other questions!
For more helpful insight into how to use your account or what to do with the samples in your box, be sure to catch up with Operations Team in their column: Special Ops.