If you’re into nail art, then you’re probably familiar with Chelsea King’s designs. As the artist behind Chelsea’s Get Nailed, this nail-addict-turned-blogger somehow finds time between classes at UC Irvine to produce nail art tutorials, sell her own press-on nails, and post her intricate and inspiring manicures. This week, Chelsea is offering up her best nail tips and a few exclusive (and pretty awesome) nail art how-tos for beginners and experts alike.
This skull design was inspired by those Alexander McQueen scarves that I have been lusting after for ages. A skull on your nails can be transformed from rocker to girly depending on what you pair it with. Adding studs can make it look super punk, but adding florals can tone it down to look cute.
1. First paint a base color on your nail. Here I used Cult Nails’ Nevermore.
2. Outline the shape of your skull using a white nail polish/acrylic paint with a nail art brush.
3. Fill in the outline with the white polish.
4. Use a toothpick to add in teeth.
5. Go back with your black nail polish to add in the eyes, nose, and cracks in the skull.
6. Add top coat!
Seal in your punk rock design with Deborah Lippmann’s Hard Rock Base and Top Coat.