If you’re into nail art, then you’re probably familiar with Chelsea King’s designs. As the artist behind Chelsea’s Get Nailed, this nail-addict-turned-blogger somehow finds time between classes at UC Irvine to produce nail art tutorials, sell her own press-on nails, and post her intricate and inspiring manicures. This week, Chelsea is offering up her best nail tips and a few exclusive (and pretty awesome) nail art how-tos for beginners and experts alike.
One of the most important ways to make your manicure look beautiful is taking care of your hands, cuticles, and nails. Using great products can improve how your nails look and can get your polish to last longer. Over time, I have used many different products, and here are some of my favorites!
1. CND SolarOil: I love this cuticle oil because it doesn’t make my cuticles greasy—and it smells great.
2. Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream: Just recently I started using this product and it’s amazing. I really have noticed a difference in my skin. It goes on very thick (almost like Vaseline), but instantly replenishes moisture.
3. Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream: If you couldn’t already tell, I think its super important to take care of your cuticles. If they aren’t moisturized, your mani can instantly go from looking amazing to drab. This cream comes in a little tin and quickly makes your cuticles look healthy.
4. Nail Art Brush: These are my favorite nail art brushes ever. Surprisingly, a set of 3 only costs $2. You definitely don’t need expensive tools to get great looking designs.
5. Sally Hansen Maximum Shield: This can either be used as a nail treatment on its own or as a base coat. I’ve been using it often and my nails are much healthier and growing faster.
6. Seche Vite Top Coat: The best top coat of all time. It’s thicker than your usual top coat, but it makes your nails very shiny and keep your mani lasting longer.
7. Nubar Nail Art Pen: These come with a squeeze bottle pen along with a striper brush inside. Super easy and convenient.
8. CM Color Madnic nail art striper: I love these because the brushes are the perfect size for creating nail art. Not to mention they come in all sorts of colors.
Check out all of our polishes, tools, and top coats in the Birchbox Shop.