Doing your hair can be a challenge and let’s face it: Throwing it up into a topknot every day gets boring. Christina over at Hair Romance believes your hair is your best accessory and it should always be treated at such. This week, she’s sharing all her best tips and tricks to make every day a good hair day.
Healthy hair is not just what you put on the ends of your hair, but also about what you eat. These are the top 10 foods to include in your diet for a more lustrous head of hair.
1. Salmon: The omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D in salmon are essential for scalp health and to keep your hair hydrated.
2. Dark green vegetables: They contain vitamins A and C, which both help in the formation of sebum (your hair’s natural conditioner).
3. Lentils: These little guys are rich in folic acid, which helps provide oxygen to your scalp and skin and in turn promotes hair growth and cell renewal.
4. Nuts: Nuts are a great source of protein. Walnuts in particular have a significant amount of omega-3 fatty acids, biotin, and vitamin E. Walnuts also have copper, a mineral that helps keep your natural hair color rich.
5. Poultry: Hair is nearly all protein, so foods rich in protein give you the building blocks for hair. Poultry also contains hair-healthy zinc, iron, and B vitamins to keep your hair strong and thick.
6. Eggs: Another good protein source, eggs contain zinc, selenium, sulfur, and iron. Iron is especially important because low iron (anemia) is a major cause of hair loss, particularly in women.
7. Whole grains: Whole grains are rich in nutrients and fibers which promotes hair growth and makes it a super food for healthy hair.
8. Oysters: Hair loss or dandruff can be the result of low level of hormone androgen production. Oysters are rich in zinc and assist in the production of androgen.
9. Green Tea: Green tea contains polyphenols which help to keep your scalp healthy. You can also wash your hair with green tea or apply it on your scalp if you suffer from dandruff.
10. Carrots: As well as helping your eyes, the vitamin A in carrots helps in formation of sebum oil in the scalp, which keep your hair healthy and hydrated.
If you’re really interested in healthy hair you need an excellent condition. Our latest fave is this one from Ojon.