Doing your hair can be a challenge and let’s face it: Throwing it up into a topknot every day gets boring. Christina over at Hair Romance believes your hair is your best accessory and it should always be treated at such. This week, she’s sharing all her best tips and tricks to make every day a good hair day.
I absolutely love braids (I even created a 30 Braids in 30 Days e-booklet that you can download on my website). The fishtail braid is easily one of my favorites and is perfect for both the office and upcoming summer festivals.
Here’s a simple step-by-step tutorial on how to do this braid in your own hair.
1. Put your hair in a ponytail to the side and secure it with a small clear elastic. I like to loosen the hair a little so that it’s not too tight against my head.
2. Split your ponytail in two. Hold one ponytail in each hand.
3. To fishtail braid, start by crossing the left pony over the right pony.
4. Next, take a small piece of hair from the outside of the left pony and pull it over to the inside of the right pony.
5. Repeat on the right. Take a small piece of hair from the right side of the right ponytail and pull it to the inside of the left ponytail.
6. Repeat this process all the way down . Each time, cross a small piece of hair from one ponytail over to the other.
7. Secure the end of your braid with a small clear elastic. You can remove the elastic at the top of your braid (or carefully cut it off with scissors).
8. Gently stretch out the sides of your braid to emphasize the shape of the fishtail braid.