Hail Merry’s Recipe for a Delicious Chocolate and Strawberry Macaroon Parfait
We have a serious sweet tooth when it comes to snacks, but sometimes we need to pick something a little healthier than our usual supply of cookies. That’s why we’re partial to this chocolate and strawberry parfait featuring Hail Merry Macaroons. Despite their sweet taste, these vegan treats are surprisingly good for you thanks to their key ingredient—organic virgin coconut oil. We’ve told you before about the multiple uses and benefits of coconut oil in beauty treatments and in cooking. But since we haven’t mastered using it in our baked goods just yet, we’re turning to Hail Merry.
While the macaroons are great on their own, this parfait caught our eye because it adds in other healthy ingredients like flaxseed oil and fresh berries—hello, tasty 3pm pick-me-up.
Hail Merry Chocolate & Strawberry Macaroon Parfait
• 6 oz. unsweetened coconut milk yogurt
• 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1 Tbsp. organic flaxseed oil (optional)
• Sprinkle of cinnamon
• 1-2 Hail Merry Choco Macaroons, crumbled
• 1-2 Hail Merry Strawberry Macaroons, crumbled
• 1 cup organic fresh berries (if you use strawberries, remove the stem and chop into quarters)
1. Mix the yogurt, vanilla, cinnamon and flaxseed.
2. Spoon a layer of the yogurt mixture in a bowl, top with crumbled Hail Merry Choco Macaroons and then half the berries.
3. Spoon another layer of yogurt, top with crumbled Hail Merry Strawberry Macaroons.
4. Top with remaining berries and enjoy!
Still craving more sweet and healthy snacks? Try this chocolate love smoothie created by nutritionist Dr. Frank Lipman and goop.