Doing your hair can be a challenge and let’s face it: Throwing it up into a topknot every day gets boring. Christina over at Hair Romance believes your hair is your best accessory and it should always be treated at such. This week, she’s sharing all her best tips and tricks to make every day a good hair day.
How hard can it be to wash your hair? Surprisingly, many of us are making some simple mistakes that can set us up for a bad hair day. To help prevent any potential hair disasters, make sure you’re following these five steps to washing the right way.
1. Don’t over-wash your hair! Most women don’t need to wash their hair every day. If you do, it could be because you are using the wrong products for your hair or scalp type.
2. Make sure all your hair and your entire scalp are soaked before you shampoo.
3. Only apply shampoo to your scalp and massage gently. Don’t pile your hair on top and scrub it, as this will only create knots. Work the shampoo gently down to the ends of your hair and rinse thoroughly to ensure clean and shiny strands.
4. Stop applying conditioner to your roots. If you find you have an itchy scalp after shampooing your hair, only apply conditioner from the mid-lengths downward and really condition the ends of your hair.
5. Don’t brush wet hair. Wet hair is more easily damaged so only use a wide tooth comb to get rid of any knots.
Looking for a great shampoo? Try (MALIN + GOETZ) peppermint shampoo, which has now harsh detergents and is filled with natural peppermint extract and olive oil.