For most of us, prom night is a fuzzy memory marred by not-so-subtle makeup, questionable dresses, and awkward boutonnière-clad dates. Luckily, we’ve grown older, wiser, and more makeup-savvy in the intervening years. For all our readers who are heading to prom this spring, we’re here to offer some fresh ideas and a little guidance. Snag a prom-ready look with these tips and tricks:
- You’ve found your dream dress—hooray! Now comes the fun part: picking makeup and hair to go with it. Check out this primer on matching your makeup to your attire.
- Former Teen Vogue Beauty Director Eva Chen is known for her killer style and exhaustive product knowledge. In honor of prom season, we sat down with the pro to get her top big night tips. From getting prepped to the latest trends, here’s what she had to say.
- Okay, so you went a little overboard with red lipstick or glittery shadow. Don’t panic! We asked celebrity makeup artists for their top fixes for this event’s biggest beauty blunders.
- This easy, flirty makeup look is perfect for special events or whenever you feel like dressing up. Find out how to recreate it at home.
- You put on your makeup and it looks awesome, so the last thing you want is to have it fade away a few hours later. Watch our five tips to make your makeup last before you head out to a party.
- Rocking a retro-inspired red lip? We asked makeup artist Reiva Cruze for her best tips on flawless, long-wearing application.
- The smoky eye look can be daunting! Birchbox staffer Deepica breaks it down into simple steps in this video tutorial.
- Want to make your peepers pop? Try these eye-opening techniques and tricks.
- In our next life, we’d like to request a luminous peaches n’ cream complexion. Till then, we rely on these tips to fake perfect skin.
No look is complete without a swipe of complexion-brightening blush. Learn why and how you should be defying the standard blush conventions.