For most of us, prom night is a fuzzy memory marred by not-so-subtle makeup, questionable dress choices, and awkward boutonnière-clad dates. Luckily, we’ve learned from the error of our glittery ways and are here to offer some fresh ideas and a little hair guidance. First and foremost—don’t think that you have to head to a salon for a great updo or celeb-worthy waves. You can definitely score a prom-ready look at home all on your own.
That being said—here are 10 chic and easy looks that you can do to make your night special and timeless:
- A little teasing, dry shampoo, and a few pins are all it takes to turn your regular ponytail into something prom-worthy.
- Try this sideswept topsy turvy updo that’s easy, glamorous, and oh-so-pretty.
- Birchbox Co-Founder Katia Beauchamp shares her favorite special occasion hair look: the braided updo!
- Pin curls are a celeb favorite and red carpet staple. To score your own covetable waves, follow these steps from Ojon’s lead stylist Gwynne Mims.
- Teasing is the best way to give hair volume and texture. Master this trick and you’re on your way to pumped up ponytails and sexy chignons.
- Glamorous Hollywood waves are a classic style that looks just as good at your senior prom as it does on the red carpet. The best part? They’re surprisingly easy to recreate.
- When it comes to styled ‘dos, working with second day hair is best. Skip the wash and try an elegantly simple, pulled together look like this one.
- You’re not the only one who could benefit from a little extra hair help—make sure your date looks slick (not the Jersey Shore’s The Situationslick) with these simple tips.
- Curly hair can be particularly unruly. Beat the frizz and look glam all night long with this made-for-curls updo.
- Loose, tousled waves (à la Blake Lively) pair perfectly with any outfit. All you need to score the look are some standard tools like a blow dryer and a few key products!
Accessorize your gown with one of these fresh, spring-inspired perfumes.