We fell hard for Natalie Alcala last fall, when the LA-based writer and blogger spent a week guest blogging for us. In fact, we loved her posts so much that we asked her to be a contributing editor. In addition to blogging for us once a week, she’ll also be writing for the Birchbox Magazine and keeping us up to speed on all things fashion, beauty, and fun.
As a fashion editor, one has to make a critical choice when planning for an action-packed event like Coachella: do you report on style at the actual festival or just the surrounding parties? Due to my procrastination to buy a ticket, I chose the latter and trekked out to the desert to cover all the super-cool, sometimes super-exclusive bashes.
In all my years of Coachella-ing (10 years exactly, yikes) one trend that never ceases to appear is the floral crown. This festival style requisite has been around since the hippie Woodstock days, so I’m not surprised that it has remained a staple on the heads of boho-channeling partygoers. Plus, they’re really pretty. With that said, here are a few fun wreaths that caught my eye this time around.
1. The gal pictured above is my friend Maria Liu, and it’s no secret that she has stellar steez. I caught up with her sea punk-coiffed self at the Revolve Clothing VIP lounge at The Saguaro Hotel, and I couldn’t take my eyes off of her vibrant crown.
2. Since I’m getting married in less than a month (!!!), I’ve been on the hunt for ethereal hair inspiration. This girl’s romantic headpiece is gorgeous and goes with my wedding’s all-white-everything theme.
3. This canary yellow number is a cute contender for just about any outdoor gathering. It’s an especially good choice if you don’t have bangs since it rests directly on the forehead.
4. Another bold crown spotted at Saguaro. This one has a breezy, island vibe that has me dreaming of our upcoming honeymoon in Turks & Caicos.
5. Last but certainly not least, I couldn’t resist capturing my new friend Lulu the Camel’s adorable headwear. I think we found our best-dressed winner.
Don’t miss more of Natalie’s trend-spotting—check out the rest of her column here.