We fell hard for Natalie Alcala two years ago, when the LA-based writer and blogger spent a week guest blogging for us. In fact, we loved her posts so much that we asked her to be a contributing editor. In addition to blogging for us once a week, she’ll also be writing for the Birchbox Magazine and keeping us up to speed on all things fashion, beauty, and fun.
Happy first day of Coachella! Here’s a roundup of tried and true beauty products that I’ve packed for 72 hours in the desert.
1. NCLA Nail Wraps in Stephanie’s Galaxy ($16): I’m utterly obsessed with this LA-based nail art company. Not only do these intergalactic wraps satisfy my ongoing passion for all things galaxy-inspired, but they also guarantee chip-free tips for the entire trip.
2. Jouer Matte Moisture Tint ($38): I can’t sing the praises of this tinted moisturizer enough. Not only does it keep my combination oily skin from looking embarrassingly glowy, it also provides ample, SPF-powered coverage throughout the day. (To be extra safe, though, don’t forget to touch up with another SPF during the day!)
3. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick ($22): The perfect longwearing—like really longwearing—lip color to rock from the fest to the parties to the after-parties.
4. Moroccanoil Hair Treatment ($38): If you don’t have time to intricately style your hair before hitting the fest, opt for a beachy, au naturale look and dab a dime-size amount of this on your tips. Shiny and effortless hair in a flash.
5. Yes to Cucumber Facial Toilettes ($9.99): After a long day of raging, nothing feels better than wiping off my makeup with these refreshingly scented wipes.
(Photo: Birchbox Man)
If you’re tripping to Coachella with a gentleman friend, check out Birchbox Man’s excellent packing list.