The Quintessential Spring Fashion and Beauty Look
Spring and summer are my happiest times of year because I can wear my favorite clothes. (Note: I am an u-g-l-y cold weather dresser—I spend the entirety of the winter bundled in a rather unflattering Patagonia puffer.) With warm days just around the corner—fingers crossed—I am ready to shed my un-chic layers and embrace my most beloved trend of the season: chambray.
I’ve spent a lot of time in the Madewell store recently (everyone on Birchbox’s mailing list got a $25 off $75+ and I took full advantage) and as a result, I’m really inspired to layer denim on denim—on denim! If you and I happen to have my same taste, then you’re in luck: I’ve shopped out my fave Madewell look from head to toe.
- Jean Vest: There’s something really badass about a shrunken denim vest. It adds edge to even the girliest of outfits and is just as great over long sleeves as it is over tank tops.
- Perfect Chambray Ex-boyfriend Shirt: The loose fit and light wash make this a versatile essential.
- Skinny Skinny Ankle Jean in Black Frost Wash: If you don’t have a great pair of slim-fit black denim in your closet, run (don’t walk) and pick up a pair stat. These go with everything.
- Marcelle BB Cream: This all-in-one multitasker masks imperfections, hydrates, controls shine, and delivers anti-aging benefits. It’s literally perfect for achieving that laidback Madewell look.
- Oribe Apres Beach and Wave Spray: Getting that tousled just-out-of-bed look is a breeze with this divine-smelling spray.
- Deborah Lippmann Amazing Grace: This it the “it” polish color this season. Trust me.
- C.O. Bigelow Lemon Lip Cream: The minimalist look doesn’t mean skipping out on moisture. Keep lips hydrated with this yummy balm.
- Benefit Benetint: There is no easier way to fake a natural flush than with this lip and cheek stain.
- Eyeko Curvy Brush Mascara: Give lashes serious oomph using this volumizing wand and formula.