We’re three days into spring, and it still feels pretty chilly outside. Not that we’re lobbying for tank top season just yet, but it’d be nice to toss off these scarves soon. Our friends at Food 52 just twisted the knife a little bit harder with their list of 10 Recipes to Welcome Spring—hello rosy rhubarb curd shortbread, decadent morel crostini, and sunny radish couscous.
Since Birchbox HQ has plenty of beauty products but nary a garden plot, we’ve put together our own list of 10 beauty trends to welcome (or shall we say hasten) spring’s arrival.
- Blue eyeshadow—subtle, bold, or in-between. If the spring runways were any indication, this surprisingly versatile shade is going to be everywhere this season. Pair it with a healthy dose of mascara.
- Emerald everything. From nails to accessories, this eye-catching shade of green—aka Pantone’s color of the year—is popping up all over.
- Diagonal French tips. Just say no to a ho-hum manicure, and try this cute idea the next time you have a few spare minutes (all you need is a neutral polish, a bright contrasting shade for the tips, and our favorite DIY nail art helper: Scotch tape).
- Loads of rosy blush. Nothing says spring like pretty flushed cheeks. Apply tinted moisturizer as a base, then load up on the cheek color of your choice (don’t be shy!).
- Natural skincare. All the bounty at the Union Square Farmer’s Market has inspired us to find cleansers and moisturizers that are good enough to eat—and it all starts with checking the ingredient list.
- Edgy haircuts. Time to make an appointment with your stylist and ask for a long, layered bob like Victoria Beckham’s or an asymmetrical style à la Kirsten Dunst.
- An oh-so-light BB cream. Swap out heavier foundations for this amped up tinted moisturizer. Darker skinned beauty? The really great news is companies like Marcelle are debuting a range of colors for every complexion.
- Glossy eyelids. Admittedly not for conservative types, shiny eye makeup is seeing an uptick in popularity. MAC is even set to debut the first dedicated eye gloss.
- Liner on your lower lash line. Putting the emphasis on the bottom of your eyes may defy established conventions, but the dramatic results are totally worth trying.
- And last but not least…bare legs. Smooth, skirt-ready legs aren’t exactly a trend, but they are one of the things we look forward to baring each and every spring. Get yours ready by watching our video.
Make your way over to the Birchbox Shop to find more of our spring picks.