We fell hard for Natalie Alcala last fall, when the LA-based writer and blogger spent a week guest blogging for us. In fact, we loved her posts so much that we asked her to be a contributing editor. In addition to blogging for us once a week, she’ll also be writing for the Birchbox Magazine and keeping us up to speed on all things fashion, beauty, and fun.
(Floral Background: Fashion Gone Rogue)
Spring is finally here! Time for picnics, pastels and lots of gingham. In addition to sprucing up my lip looks this season, I’ll also be reaching for lightweight products that allow my skin to breath in heat. And with Earth Month right around the corner, clean and natural beautifiers are on my radar, too. Here are five current favorites.
1. Kiehl’s Creme de Corps Soy Milk & Honey Whipped Body Butter ($38): I seriously can’t talk about this cream without getting giddy. After showering and drying off, I immediately lather this heavenly-scented, air-whipped butter all over my body. Free of parabens glycols and silicones, this is pretty much a one-way ticket to Hydration Nation.
2. Joeur Matte Moisture Tint ($38): Foundation? Forget it. For warm weather, tinted moisturizer is the way to go. If you’re looking for a light tint with great coverage that also keeps you from looking oil-slicked midday, please reach for this. It’s oil-free, fragrance-free, hypoallergenic and, thanks to SPF 15, it protects from UVA & UVB rays. I use this velvety smooth stuff year-round—that’s how good it is!
3. Caudalie Fleur de Vigne Instant Foaming Cleanser ($14): Just like skin types, cleansers are not all created equal. I have combination oily skin, so cream cleansers aren’t my favorite. I love this paraben-free, makeup-removing machine so much that I buy it in bulk. Given that it is entirely soap free (what?!) and made up of grape, sage and chamomile extracts, it never leaves my skin irritated—ever. The water-activated formula also removes eye makeup like a champ, which is certainly the (organic) cherry on top.
4. Vapour Organic Beauty Aura Multi-Use Blush ($32): Who doesn’t love a multi-tasker? Whether you’re looking to add a flush of color to your cheeks or a hint of tint to your lips, this baby gets the job done, pronto. It’s also contains 70% Certified Organic ingredients and 30% mineral pigments and vitamins.
5. HIPPxRGB Nail Tint in T2 ($16): I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Jenna Hipp’s collab with cruelty-free nail company RGB is an absolute winner. This is the perfect nude hue to wear when you want your ring candy to do the talking. The formula is also “five free” which means no Formaldehyde, no Toluene, no DBP, no Formaldehyde Resin, no Camphor.
Don’t miss the rest of Natalie’s insider scoop of L.A.—check out the rest of her posts here.