One of the best things about previewing fall collections in February? The makeup trends that are meant to be worn in autumn are actually seasonally appropriate for these last few days of winter. Before the official onset of spring and warmer weather, here are the five fashion week-inspired looks that we’re trying right now. Which one is your favorite?
Phillip Lim fall 2013. (Photo: Courtesy of NARS)
1) Bare Lashes: Funny enough, one of the coolest makeup trends we spotted was actually the absence of makeup—more specifically, no mascara. At shows like 3.1 Phillip Lim and DKNY, models rocked a bare lashes look that was incredibly modern. The trick was pairing the toned down eyes with a really bold lip. This definitely gets our vote for easiest trend to replicate.
Badgley Mischka fall 2013.
2) Classic Red: Bright red lipstick isn’t going anywhere for fall. Seen at dozens of shows including Kate Spade, Rachel Zoe, and Rebecca Minkoff, the classic shade truly never gets old. We’re particularly fond of the bright cherry hue used at the Badgley Mischka show, which was inspired by Alfred Hitchock’s femme fatales. Follow these makeup artist tips to pull off a precise red pout yourself.
Jason Wu fall 2013. (Photo: Courtesy of Lancome)
3) Purple Smoky Eye: If you’ve already mastered the neutral smoky eye, the next step is using jewel tone hues. The iridescent purple look by Lancome at Jason Wu was particularly captivating, and if toned down in just the right way, very wearable in real life.
Rag & Bone fall 2013. (Photo: Courtesy of Revlon)
4) Hovering Liner: We first noticed the very ’60s floating liner effect last season at Michael Kors. It appeared again this season at several show, and most notably at Rag & Bone. While this look may be best suited for the runway, we’re still interested in experimenting with it if only because it’s so sleek, clean and unique.
Zac Posen fall 2013.
5) Burgundy Pouts: Moody lipstick is a perennial hit for fall. But seeing wine colored shades crop up everywhere from Vera Wang to Zac Posen reminded us to dig up our own burgundy hues and give them one final go before it’s too late!