Top 5 Beauty Looks at the 2013 Oscars
Last night’s Oscars held little surprises for the awards (Argo won the big one, and Jennifer Lawrence and Daniel Day-Lewis each took home best actor statuettes) or the beauty looks. Hollywood waves were in (go figure) as was fresh-faced makeup. There were a few standouts, however— including a dramatic look that we’ll be wearing asap. Keep reading for our favorites.
- Reese Witherspoon: The perpetually glowing star wore one of this year’s top red carpet trends: shiny retro waves (see Jessica Chastain and Jessica Alba). Get the look at home with our Hollywood waves tutorial.
- Giuliana Rancic: The E! News host caused a minor stir when she turned up without her signature tresses. We approve of her short ‘do, which is very reminiscent of Karlie Kloss’ chop a few months ago. Learn more about the new bob in our guide, plus tips on styling it.
- Kerry Washington: With sleek hair and muted makeup, the star looked fresh as can be. We loved the petal pink blush paired with loads of Lancôme HYPNÔSE STAR mascara and Rouge in Love lipstick in Rose Boudoir.
- Amanda Seyfried: Amanda always looks flawless but we love her slightly out-of-the box choice of a purple smoky eye. Get the look with Lancome’s Color Design 5 5 Shadow Eye Palette.
- Jennifer Hudson: Not only does J—Hud look quite svelte and fabulous, but she turned out two stunning looks: first on the red carpet in an ultraglam navy number and then in her Dreamgirls number. We especially loved her lovely flat iron curls and bangs during her performance of “I’m Not Going.” Find out how to perfect these waves yourself with this video tutorial.
Photo: Getty Images (Giuliana Rancic, Amanda Seyfried, Kerry Washington, Jennifer Hudson); Wire Image (Reese Witherspoon)
We were wow-ed by more than just the beauty looks last night. Take a look at our picks for best dressed.