Top 7 Best Dressed at the 2013 Oscars
This year’s Oscars have been a parade of surprises—and not in the way you’d think. From minimal color to minimal volume to minimal jewelry, the red carpet was ruled by neutrals and bare shoulders. While there were certainly a few over-the-top gowns, the fashions erred more on the side of demure femininity. Here are our top six favorite looks—and we want to hear yours too!
- Jennifer Lawrence in Dior: We’re not ranking our picks, but if we had to vote for best dressed it would go hands down to the Silver Linings Playbook star. The pale pink, delightfully poofy gown set off her pale complexion perfectly. And can we talk about the delicate jewels draped down her back? Amazing.
- Naomi Watts in Armani: This memorable sparkler definitely has the coolest neckline we’ve seen in a while. We’re thrilled that Watts wore her hair up to show off the dress’ geometric lines.
- Charlize Theron in Dior Haute Couture: This fitted white peplum stunner highlights every single one of the actress’ features, especially her supershort haircut. You are a vision, Charlize.
- Amanda Seyfried in Alexander McQueen: Halters are hard to pull off but the Les Misérables star looked radiant in her beaded number.
- Jessica Chastain in Armani Prive: Redheads take note: Nude is definitely your color. Our jaws dropped when we saw the Zero Dark Thirty star hit the red carpet. Chastain’s retro waves and red lipstick made her look like the epitome of Hollywood glamour.
- Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta: Uhhhh. Princess gowns at the Oscars are amazing. Princess gowns made by Oscar de la Renta are even better. This powder blue frock is beyond dreamy.
- Jennifer Hudson Roberto Cavalli Couture: Sleeves, baby!The singer stunned in form-fitting navy blue, proving that you can be sexy and covered up at the same time.
For more Oscars fun, check out our Pinterest board with all of the evening’s looks.