From painful chemical peels to extreme facials, there’s no shortage of beauty treatments that claim to combat breakouts. And when you’re dealing with an unexpected blemishes it’s easy to contemplate drastic measures. But before you book an appointment with your dermatologist or take matters into your own hands (literally), try these at-home tricks to calm your complexion:
- Guest blogger Belle swear’s by this old fashioned drawing salve— a black, gel-like ointment that heals pimples by pulling oil and impurities from the skin.
- A solid pimple prevention plan is half the battle. Keep zits at bay before they start with our handy acne guide, which calls out the most common skin-irritating culprits.
- From the smallest bumps to the biggest monsters, use this tutorial to expertly conceal a blemish.
- The key to bright, glowing skin? Exfoliating. Watch this video to find out how to properly prep and slough dead skin to get a radiant glow in no time.
- Temperature changes can lead to skin freakouts. Just in time for Spring, Birchbox Editor Meredith shares easy ways to overhaul your skincare routine.
If you have sensitive skin, consider these brightening tips.