Photo from Refinery29.com
Happy April Fools! Mother Nature seems to be playing her own trick on us East Coasters today with some very unpleasant weather, so we were happy to be indoors working away and reading blogs for our links list. Here’s to being another month closer to summer!
- We’re always paying close attention to news about e-commerce (for obvious reasons), and found two excellent articles today about the direction in which it’s going. First, Bloomberg discusses the trend of digital magazines integrating online selling opportunities, an idea we happen to think is quite natural. The other, in Computer World of all places, covers a presentation from the Web 2.0 Expo in San Francisco earlier this week about the radical transition e-commerce will soon undergo because of three things customers want: mobility, local recommendations, and greater personalization.
- Beauty High alerted us to the fact that Oscar de la Renta debuted his new fragrance via Facebook and Tumblr this morning. This is the latest sign that the venerable brand is heavily invested in social media. The online “face” of the brand, OscarPRGirl, already has 42,110 Twitter followers and a robust Tumblr blog.
- Speaking of fragrance, Refinery 29 has perfumer Carlos Huber’s picks for top scents for spring. Parfums Del Rae’s Coup de Foudre rose fragrance just shot to the top of our wish list.
- We like Diane von Furstenberg for lots of reasons, but now we have another: The designer spoke to Harper’s Bazaar about her appreciation for wrinkles and desire to look older. How refreshing.
- In the beauty industry, you’d be hard pressed to find someone more legendary than Estee Lauder. The NYTimes has a fascinating article about the late founder’s eponymous company, worth reading for anyone interested in business, beauty, or simply strong women.
- Would you ever buy perfume based on your blood type? Well, with True Blood’s forthcoming fragrance, you’ll now have that option. Thanks BellaSugar for alerting us to this news!
Did you know you could directly ask us questions here on our blog? Click the button, “Ask Birchbox Anything!” to the right.