Birchbox HQ is a flutter with preparations for our hair feather party tonight (pictures TK!) and no one is busier than our PR Guru and party planner, Claire Paull. I snagged a few minutes of her time to share all the fun things taking up space on her desk today, including a few must-haves and some special items for tonight’s party. Click through for the special notebooks she uses to stay uber organized and more!
- Smart Water — I love Smart Water. I have to remind myself to drink more water and less caffeine! I have a bad habit of having four cups of black tea (with milk and sugar) a day, probably from living in London. My monthly tea expense is out of control! Water is better.
- iPhone — It took awhile to get the typing thing down — and there are still misspelled words in every email despite my best efforts — but I must say, I now favor the iPhone to the Blackberry. I can check the weather forecast for the next 10 days, sign-up for my beloved Soul Cycle, and place a Fresh Direct order all while walking down the street! I had to get a cover though because this is my third replacement phone in 6 months. When you drop them in the bathtub, they totally stop working (and if you lie to the guy at the Apple Genius Bar that the phone never came into contact with water, you’ll be found out because when they open it up there is a button that shows the phone drowned).
- Deborah Lippman nail polish in Between the Sheets, Daytripper and Constant Craving — I have a weakness for Deborah Lippmann polish. These three colors sat on my desk until I finally settled (with help from the editorial team!) on Between the Sheets and applied last night. Love. Daytripper is next. Oh, can it be springtime already?!
- Flowers — I put these arrangements together for our fabulous Feathers party tonight! Can’t wait!
- Jelly Belly Jelly Beans — Pink candy for the party. It is taking a serious amount of willpower not to eat half the bowl.
- Purell — I’m a bit of a germ-a-phobe since having a toddler. The little one’s name is Isla but we’ve started calling her Typhoid Mary. I like this size because it fits really easily in my bag. I should get a discount for buying in bulk.
- Notebook — I’m a paper person and I have used these same notebooks for probably 10 years. I date them and save. I can actually look up notes from a meeting in 2002! I buy a dozen at a time from my favorite paper store in Los Angeles called Sugar Paper.
- Cle de Peau Concealer in Beige — I’ve used this concealer for years and years. It’s expensive but so worth it. And a tube last ages. I always apply with a brush.
Claire learned the art of floral arrangement through floral workshops at Celadon & Celery! They have locations in several cities and we’ll be signing up ASAP! Also pick up a few of our other favorite Deborah Lippmann polishes in our shop.