Until we met LearnVest, our idea of being financially responsible was shopping at sample sales.But the online personal finance and lifestyle resource has changed the way we think about money—for the better. It’s filled with tools and support to help women gain control over their finances (for a taste, just check out their free Financial Bootcamp series). This January, as we focus on ways to make this our best year ever, we’re tapping the LearnVest experts to give you their best advice! It’ll be fun and educational, we promise.
It’s never hard to come up with a resolution–there are plenty of things that we wish we could do more or less or better. And, around our office, those things more often than not have to do with money.
So for 2013, we’ve rounded up 10 smart money resolutions from the LearnVest Inc. staff. Click through to read!
1. Get all of my big picture financial goals in action!
- Alexa, Founder and CEO
2. Make my returns on time. Yes, most retailers now allow you to return items even after the 30-day limit (big plus to the places that give you 365 days–yeah Zappos!), but you lose value on the item whether or not you have a receipt or a gift receipt.
- Sara, Director of Human Resources and Internal Recruiting
3. Go a full year without buying new clothes unless a key piece, like black boots, wears out.
- Ainslie, Chief Marketing and Product Officer
4. Finish building up my .
- Laura, Senior Editor
5. Not spend my usual $500 a month eating out at restaurants!
- Will, Lead iOS Developer
6. Put more of my supplemental income toward savings, and .
- Gabrielle, Video Editor and Assistant Managing Editor
7. Figure out with my fiancé how we want to as we head into major saving mode for our wedding, honeymoon and beyond.
- Danielle, Audience Development Manager
8. Always say “no, thank you” to things that are outside of my –even if it looks really fun or beautiful.
- Alden, Assistant Editor
9. Make more !
- Audrey, Product Manager
10. Buy throughout the year, instead of doing it all at once. It’s actually better because you’re on the lookout for great presents year round–and you’re way more likely to find them!
- Becky, Product Associate
Special Offer for BB Readers: Get exclusive access to a free 15-minute financial checkup with a LearnVest Planning financial expert, plus a 20% discount on any Planning Package by visiting learnvest.com/birchbox and using the code BIRCHBOX20 at checkout.