New Year’s Eve is right around the corner, which means it’s time to stockpile noisemakers, experiment with crazy glitter—and of course accessorize your party frock with dazzling hair. Whether you’re spending the night at home glued to a Ryan Seacrest special or dashing off to a high-octane bash, you can ring in 2013 with these Instagram-worthy hair styles. After all, beyond the bubbly, NYE is basically one giant Instagram session.
- Try one of these to-die-for looks from the Oscar’s 2012 red carpet. Find inspiration in Gwyneth Paltrow’s supersleek strands, Mila Kunis’s romantic updo, and more.
- Putting together the perfect outfit is hard enough, and styling a cute ‘do can quickly go from holiday delight to holiday fright. Thankfully, we put together a hair cheat sheet with ideas for every skill level.
- Birchbox guest blogger and hair genius Stephanie Brinkerhoff shares her best strand secrets—including this handy how-to on creating perfect waves with your flat iron.
- Heading to a hush-hush speakeasy for an elegant cocktail affair? Make like Daisy Buchanan with 1920s-inspired retro curls.
- Beautiful braids were major in 2012, and we predict this hair trend will last well into 2013. Our co-founder Katia shares her fave braided updo in this video—a style that’s easy to pull off and will last all night long.
- Cut down on primping and maximize champagne time with this folded pigtail braid style. It’s easier to put together than you’d think, and it’s especially flattering with strapless and one-shoulder frocks.
- Forget partying like a rock star. Party like a royal with 4 gorgeous updos courtesy of Princess Kate Middleton.
Great hair starts with the right shampoo—luckily, we’ve rounded up the best formula for every hair type.